How to Watch Euro Cup in Australia [Updated September 2021]
UEFA Euro Cup 2020 which was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic last year was in its full swing since the 11th of June and it has successfully entertained the football fans till the 11th of July 2021. The matches were held in different European countries for a month, giving the UEFA enthusiasts an opportunity to quench their thirst through the enthralling matches which this league is known for.
That said, the schedule of the Euro Cup for the next season i.e. 2022 has not been announced yet. As of now, you can read this guide in detail to know how you can watch UEFA Euro Cup in Australia.
Streaming options to watch Euro Cup in Australia
Unfortunately, you cannot rely on different streaming services when watching UEFA Euro Cup live and on-demand coverage in Australia. Optus Sport is the only official broadcaster of the Euro Cup championship within Australian territory.
If you want to use Optus Sport in Australia, you will have to get its monthly subscription plan first. For that reason, you will need to pay $14.99 per month.
Similarly, you will have to pay $139.99 per year to use its yearly subscription plan accordingly. In case you are an Optus customer, you can use the service free of cost on Optus NBN plans.
Likewise, you can use stream Optus Sport free through Medium, Large, Extra Large, and one (1) postpaid phone package.
If you are not an Optus customer and want to use Optus Sport on your iOS or Android devices, here is what you should do:
- Search Optus Sport in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Download the Optus Sport App
- Open the Optus Sport App and click Sign up
- Provide your email address, click next
- Confirm the verification process on your mobile by entering your mobile number, click Next
- You will receive a 6-digit code
- Enter the code and click Verify my mobile
- Provide other details as needed, click Next
- Set a password, click Create my account
- Confirm your subscription and payment too
- Congrats, you can watch Optus Sport now on your mobile devices once your account is created successfully
How to Access Euro Cup if you have to leave Australia at any point
In case you have to move from Australia to any other country during the Euro Cup tournament for any reason, we have got you covered. In this situation, you will have to rely on a premium VPN service quite heavily.
When you use a VPN service, it masks your actual IP address with an alternate IP address. This way, you can spoof your online locations easily. As a result, you can unblock Optus Sport from overseas hassle-free.
If you want to access the live and on-demand coverage of the Euro Cup outside Australia, follow these simple steps as mentioned below:
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN (our recommended choice)
- Choose your desired pricing plan but we recommend you to go with its 12 months + 3 months free package
- Download the VPN app on your devices like Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS
- Login to your ExpressVPN account with your credentials
- Connect to any Australian server from the list of servers
- Open the official website or Optus Sport app, login to your account, and start watching the UEFA Euro Cup straightaway
Who has the TV rights to Euro in Australia?
Where can I watch Euro for free?
Summing up, watching All the matches of the UEFA Euro Cup in Australia is not a big deal. Through our guide, we expect that you would have watched all your favorite teams live in action competing against each other from June 11, 2021, to July 11, 2021, on your screens.
That said, you can still accomplish your soccer cravings by watching EPL in Australia on a wide range of devices hassle-free.