How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia [Updated March 2023]
Is Channel 4 available in Australia? Unfortunately, no. Channel 4 is geo-restricted in Australia and you’ll need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass geo-restrictions and access Channel 4 in Australia without any problems.
Channel 4 is a British free-to-air public broadcast television channel owned and operated by the state-owned Channel Four Television Corporation. You can watch amazing titles like I Literally Just Told You, Before We Die, The Handmaid’s Tale, and more on Channel 4. However, if you are in Australia, you’ll only get a geo-restriction error upon accessing the platform.
You can get Channel 4 on smart TV by downloading the app on your smart TV, PS4, or any streaming device.
But to get this service in Australia, you will be needed a trustworthy VPN, like ExpressVPN, to bypass the geo-restrictions.
So without any further ado, let’s get started on how to watch Channel 4 in Australia:
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia in 2023? [5 Easy Steps]
If you are wondering “how to watch Channel 4 in Australia?”, just follow these five easy steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download the VPN app on your preferred device.
- Launch the VPN client and connect to a UK server (Recommended Server: UK – Docklands).
- Head over to the Channel 4 website and sign up.
- Stream and enjoy your favorite shows on Channel 4 on demand in Australia.
Note: If you’re unsure about a subscription to Channel 4, hop up to the steps to sign up for Channel 4.
Why Do I Need a VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia?
You need a VPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia because it is a local UK streaming service. If you try to watch Channel four in Australia, the service shows you this geo-restriction error:
Not Available. All4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details in our FAQs.
This happens because Channel 4 can see your non-UK (Australian) IP address. So to dodge this Channel 4 proxy error and watch Channel 4’s latest sports, movies, and shows in Australia, you’ll need to get a UK IP address using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. This will enable you to trick Channel 4 and bypass the geo-blocks.
Bear in mind; however, not all VPNs can beat Channel4’s IP tracking technology. Therefore, you need an Australian VPN provider to access Channel 4 UK in Australia. not just All4 but can also access Peacock TV.
How to Sign-up for Channel 4 [Step-by-Step]
Is it free to sign up to Channel 4? Yes, the registration is free and to sign up for Channel four in Australia, you need a postal code of the UK, which is easy to get with the help of a VPN. All you need to do is:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to the UK-Dockland server.
- Head over to Channel4.com/register
- Enter your sign-up email and password.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and address (optional). Make sure to use a UK address. You can easily find one on Google.
- Confirm your email address to complete your registration with Channel 4.
- Your All 4 account is now ready. Start watching your favorite programs on All 4 and watch Take Me Out Australia and This Way Up Australia.
What are the Best VPNs to Watch Channel4 in Australia [Updated 2023]
Luckily for you, we’ve already tested 70+ VPN services and shortlisted the four best VPN for Channel 4 that give you uninterrupted access to watch Channel 4 UK in Australia.
The best part is they all come with a minimum 30-day money-back guarantee. So try out for a month, and if you don’t like the service, get your full payment back.
- ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Channel 4
- Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch Channel 4
- NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to get channel 4
- PureVPN – Privacy-Friendly VPN to Watch Channel 4
1) ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Channel 4 in Australia
- 3000+ servers in 94+ countries including 4 UK servers in Docklands, London, Midlands, and more.
- The breakneck speed of 89.42 Mbps download
- AES 256-bit encryption and other advanced security protocols
- Native apps and Smart DNS support for all the streaming devices
- Available for AU$ 10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is our top choice to unblock Channel 4 in Australia. It is fast, stable, and, most importantly, safe. You can expect a speed of 89.42 Mbps download, which is amazingly fast and perfect for binge-watching.
The company operates 3000+ servers in 94+ countries and in 160 locations. You can get 4 server locations out of this huge chunk in the UK.
Bullet-proof DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, five simultaneous connections, and a set of robust tunneling protocols further reinforce your online privacy. No activity logs are stored either. Hence you can securely unblock HBO Max and TVNZ in Australia.
You can watch Derry Girls Season 3 Australia, My Massive **** on Channel 4, and other amazing titles like Taskmaster streaming Australia with no buffering issues.
While all four UK server locations are well-optimized for streaming, Docklands is our favorite. It is incredibly consistent and unblocks All4 in Australia every time we connect to it, whereas the Midland server was a bit slow.
On a network connection of 100 Mbps, the result of the ExpressVPN speed test was 89.42 Mbps download and 84.64 Mbps upload. With this amazing speed you can easily access Turkish TV and stream Sling TV in Australia.
ExpressVPN is compatible with all streaming devices. You can download the app on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and Linux and configure it for Gaming Consoles, Smart TVs, and Roku with its astonishing MediaStreamer feature.
You can get ExpressVPN for AU$ 10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The 30-day free trial offered by ExpressVPN makes it easy for users to test the service risk-free. In case you want more details about this provider, make sure to go through the ExpressVPN review.
Recommended Servers: Dockland, London-East, and Wembley
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
- Super-fast UK servers with unlimited bandwidth
- Unblocks Channel 4 and several other streaming sites
- Impressive device compatibility
- Live chat and mail support around the clock
- High subscription prices
2) Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
- 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, including 4 UK servers in London, Machester, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connection
- Provide robust security with AES 256-bit encryption, CleanWeb, and Camflouge Mode
- Amazingly low price of AU$ 3.81/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee
If you are short on budget, Surfshark can be a good alternative. It’s unbelievably cheap and available for just AU$ 3.81/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) . Moreover, Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to share your VPN subscription with your family.
This VPN provider is based in the Netherlands. The company operates 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, including four server locations in the UK.
While Surfshark doesn’t match ExpressVPN in performance, you can still expect reasonably fast internet speed when streaming Channel 4 on it in Australia. When we connected to Surfshark’s UK servers, we got a download speed of 85.48 Mbps. With this speed you can watch Telemundo and American Netflix in Australia.
That speed is good enough to watch All 4 or any other streaming service. You can get Disney Plus outside Australia without any buffering issues. If you’re wondering where to watch Derry Girls Season 3 Australia then you can stream it on Channel 4 using Surfshark.
Moreover, You can easily watch titles like My Massive ** Channel 4 Australia, Everyone Else Burns, and more. But we’d recommend avoiding the London servers as these are not stable.
You get a zero-logs policy, WireGuard tunneling protocol, military-grade encryption, multi-hop feature, and a built-in ad and malware blocker on the security and privacy front. Native apps of Surfshark support all streaming devices, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Such security features make streaming BBC iPlayer in Australia quite secure.
Recommended Servers: Manchester, Glasgow, and Edinburgh
Pros and Cons of Surfshark
- Unlimited simultaneous connection
- Works with Channel 4 and several other streaming sites
- Pocket-friendly subscription plans
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Slow network on weekends
3) NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to get Channel 4 in Australia
- 440+ servers in the UK and 5310+ servers globally, including 4 UK servers in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London, and Manchester
- Six Simaltenous Connection
- NordLynx Protocol for uniteruppted streaming
- Native apps and Smart DNS support for all the streaming devices
- Amazingly low price of AU$ 10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN offers the most significant number of servers for unblocking Channel 4 streaming in Australia. It is located in Panama and operates 5310+ servers globally, with 440+ servers in the UK, the highest of any VPN on this list
All of NordVPN’s UK servers are located in the Great Dunmow, and plenty of UK servers mean you get loads of switching options. So, for example, if you ever face slow speed or hit a roadblock in your All4 access, you can simply connect to the next server and fix the issue.
Besides Channel 4, you can use NordVPN to watch SonyLIV and to access 9now anywhere outside Australia. Don’t miss out on accessing Hulu in Australia with the amazing features of this VPN.
NordVPN also provides decent speeds. We usually get 86.51 Mbps to download and 51.86 Mbps to upload on our 100 Mbps internet connection. This, however, can vary depending on the server you are connected to, which means unblocking TVPlayer in Australia is not an issue for NordVPN.
Regarding security and privacy, NordVPN offers the latest NordLynx tunneling protocol, AES 256-bit encryption, double VPN, special obfuscation servers (for highly restrictive networks), and a no-logs policy. You get a built-in ad-blocker too.
You can get NordVPN for AU$ 5.34/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The service allows protection for up to six devices at the same time and is compatible with Android, iOS, Apple TV, Firestick, Roku, Windows, Mac, and other devices. Even getting DStv in Australia on multiple devices with this VPN is possible.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
- Special obfuscation servers (for highly restrictive networks)
- Unblocks Channel 4 with a significant number of 440+ UK servers
- Impressive streaming speed
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Glitchy apps
4) PureVPN – Privacy-Friendly VPN to Watch Channel 4
- 6500+ servers in 75+ countries, including more than 160 live servers in the UK
- Ten Simaltenous Connection
- 100% no-logs operations
- Available for AU$ 5.09/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) 2-year plan with a 31-day money-back guarantee!
Last but not least, we have PureVPN. It is based in Hong Kong and is one of the few reliable VPNs that unblock All4 in Australia.
PureVPN operates 6500+ servers in 75+ countries, including more than 160 live servers in the UK. These servers are spread across four locations: i) Gosport, ii) Maidenhead, iii) Manchester, and iv) London.
By connecting to the London server, PureVPN unblocks Channel 4
You can connect to a UK server in these locations to watch Channel 4 on demand. Keep in mind, however, that the mobile version of PureVPN comes with limited server locations and includes Manchester and London only.
PureVPN servers give average speed, so you can expect drops of around 35%–40% on the speed front. However, you may sometimes feel frustrated on a slow (restrictive) network. Hence we recommend avoiding the Maidenhead server and using London servers for the best All 4 Australia experience.
The company practices 100% no-logs operations, verified by multiple leading audit firms—most recently by KPMG. PureVPN uses a variety of tunneling protocols to keep your traffic secure. These include OpenVPN, IKEv2, SSTP, and IPsec. You also get military-grade encryption and an automatic internet kill switch to prevent any accidental IP leaks.
PureVPN offers Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, and Mac apps and protection for up to 10 devices simultaneously. It is available for AU$ 5.09/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) 2-year plan. A 31-day money-back guarantee is included in that offer too!
Pros and Cons of PureVPN
- Unblocks Channel 4 in Australia
- 31 days money back guarantee
- Support for ten devices simultaneously
- Sometimes a slow (restrictive) network
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Channel 4?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia. However, we don’t recommend using a free VPN as they are incapable of accessing Channel 4 and have been involved in major security risks.
Streaming platforms like Channel 4 have cranky algorithms which constantly detect VPN-generated IPs and eliminate them. Most free VPNs have IP addresses that are already blacklisted by popular streaming services including Channel 4. So you won’t be able to get around the geo-restrictions with a blacklisted IP.
Moreover, most free VPNs do not provide users with the standard encryption mechanism or advanced protocols. Some free VPNs even track user traffic and sell that data to third parties for a commission.
That’s why you need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN that has blazing-fast speed, military-grade encryption, and advanced protocols like OpenVPN and Lightway. All you need to do is download the ExpressVPN app on your device, and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
Then, go to channel4.com or download the All 4 app, create an account, and you will be able to watch Channel 4 from anywhere in the world!
How Much is Channel 4 Subscription?
There are two subscription plans for Channel 4.
- Monthly Plan: £3.99 or AU$6.95 per month
- Annual Plan: £39.99 or AU$69.62 per year
Both plans come with a 14-day free trial and you can cancel your Channel 4 subscription at any time.
How Can I Watch Channel 4 Live Broadcast in Australia?
How can I watch Channel 4 in Australia with live broadcast? Once you are done with the registration of All4, follow these steps to catch Channel 4 live stream broadcast:
- First, open the ExpressVPN app and connect to the recommended British Server (Dockland server is recommended).
- Next, go to the Channel 4 website or app and log in to your account.
- You will find the Live TV option on the top. Click it!
- Pick the channel you want to stream and watch the live broadcast on Channel 4.
What Should I Watch on Channel 4 in 2023?
What can you watch on Channel 4 catch up? Channel 4 on demand (All 4) currently has an archive of 1500+ programs available for streaming. The service keeps updating the library every 30 days, removing the old programs and adding new ones.
What are the Best Channel 4 TV Shows?
Wondering what is Channel 4’s most popular show? Here is the complete list of the Best Channel 4 TV shows including what to stream Australia that are currently available for streaming:
- Channel 4 News
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared
- The Great British Bake Off
- Married at First Sight UK
- Channel 4 F1
- The Inbetweeners
- Below Deck
- The Dog House
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared
- Junior Bake Off
- The Light in the Hall
- Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins Season 4
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- The Good Wife
- Four in a Bed
- Adult Material
- Frank of Ireland
- Steph’s Packed Lunch
- The Great British Bake Off Season 13
- Somewhere Boy
- Taskmaster Season 14
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Goggle Box
What are the Best Channel 4 Movies?
- Jack Reacher
- Saving Private Ryan
- World War Z
- Train to Busan
- London Has Fallen
- The Guard
- Project Almanac
- To Kill a King
- Made in Itlay
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
- The Intruders
- The Nightingales
- Memories of Murder
What are the Channel 4 Channels in 2023?
Channel 4 does have a series of channels that can be streamed, we have mentioned them down below from which you can stream the best Channel 4 shows:
- E4 Extra.
- Timeshifted channels.
What are All 4 Compatible Devices?
Channel 4 is compatible with many widely-used devices including Amazon, Roku, PS4, Samsung Tizen, iOS, and Android. You can even get the All 4 app on your smart TV, PS4, or any streaming stick.
However, if you’re residing in Australia, you’ll need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass geo-restrictions and access All 4. Here is the list of Channel 4 compatible devices:
- Android (5.0 or later)
- iPhone (iOS 10.3 or above)
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire
- Samsung smart TV
- Android TV
- PS4/ PS5
- Xbox One
- Freeview Play
Browsers supported by All 4 include:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
How to Download Channel 4 App in Australia?
You need a VPN with a UK server to download the Channel 4 app on your devices, Channel 4 app is not available on any Australian app store due to geographical restrictions.
How to Download Channel 4 App on Android in Australia
Does Channel 4 have an Android app? Yes, it does and here we have included a step-by-step procedure to get Channel 4 app on Android devices.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app.
- Launch the app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Next, create a new Google account by setting your location to the UK.
- Head to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for Channel 4 app Australia in the search bar of the Play Store.
- Install the app and register to enjoy your favorite shows on Channel 4.
How to Download Channel 4 App on iOS Devices in Australia
Can I watch Channel 4 on my iPhone? Yes! After connecting to the UK server of ExpressVPN, you can easily get Channel 4 app on iOS devices. Simply follow the below steps:
- Go to your Apple ID page
- From Change Region, set your location as the UK.
- Then go to the App Store and search for the app.
- Install the Channel 4 app.
- Open the Channel 4 app, sign-up for the platform, and start watching Channel 4.
How to Watch Channel 4 on Smart TV?
You can watch Channel 4 on Smart TV by getting a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. Here are the steps on how to watch Channel 4 UK in Australia on Smart TV:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Download the Channel4 app on your Smart TV.
- Launch the Channel 4 app and sign in with your Channel 4 login credentials.
- Start watching Belfast streaming Australia and other popular shows!
Is Channel 4 streaming free? Are you looking for a way to watch Channel 4 abroad free? Navigate to the next FAQ section that contains information on watching Channel 4 from abroad free of cost and other important insights.
Get Other Streaming Services in Australia
Why can't I register with All 4?
The only way to overcome the issue is to connect to the VPN’s UK server. This lets you watch Channel 4 live in your country by masking your Australian IP address with UK one.
Is it legal to stream Channel 4 with a VPN in Australia?
Can I watch Channel 4 without an app in Australia?
Is there an app to watch Channel 4?
However, you should have enough space in your phone and access to Wi-Fi.
Is Channel 4 free to watch?
How do I watch UK Channel 4 in Australia?
Can I watch Channel 4 on Amazon Prime?
We hope you found this post helpful and learned thoroughly “how to watch Channel 4 in Australia” using a VPN. ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, and PureVPN are our recommended VPNs to watch Channel 4 on demand.
The good news is whenever you feel like you’re done watching Channel 4, you can easily cancel Channel 4 membership; even if you’ve cancelled during the paid period, you can continue to watch Channel 4 until your current paid period ends.