How to Get BBC iPlayer on PS4 or PS5 in Australia
BBC iPlayer lets you watch numerous shows, movies, documentaries, and BBC’s channels all in one place. Furthermore, you can also get BBC iPlayer on PS4 in Australia to continue streaming all your favorite media content.
If you want to know how you can get BBC iPlayer on PS4 or PS5 gaming consoles in Australia, read this guide in detail.
When it comes to getting BBC iPlayer on PS4 in Australia, you will need to change your PSN location to the UK. Once you have created a new British PSN account, you can stream BBC iPlayer in Australia straight away.
If you want to create a new British PSN account, follow these simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official Sony Entertainment website, click the Start button
- Enter your email address and password
- Select a country/region using the combo menu
- Choose State/Province and mention your date of birth
- Click Next, configure your notification settings
- Click agree and create an account
- Confirm your email address
This is how you can create a British PSN account successfully. That said, you will need to configure your PSN account first. Follow these steps as mentioned below to configure your PSN account:
- Go to the PSN website
- Login to your account and agree with the Update Notice
- Select a city from the combo menu
- Mention your state or province and postal code
- Select your online ID by writing your first and last names in the required field
- Click Done
That’s it, you can now stream BBC iPlayer on PS4 using your British PSN account.
Setting up a VPN on PlayStation 4 and 5
If you want to watch BBC iPlayer on your PS4 or PS5 gaming consoles, you will need to set up a VPN first. As a result, you can continue streaming BBC iPlayer in Australia securely and anonymously.
Luckily, there are two main methods that allow you to configure a VPN on PS4 or PS5. These methods are:
Option #1: Configure the VPN on your router and then extend it to your PS4 (or PS5)
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN
- Now, you should download the OpenVPN configuration files for your desired server location like the UK
- At this point, go to your router’s admin panel and check your local IP address that will be 192.168.1.1
- Now, login to your router using your password
- Click VPN using the Advanced Settings option
- Click the VPN client tab, click Add Profile option
- Choose the OpenVPN tab and provide the required information
- Description: Give any name to your VPN connection like ExpressVPN
- Password: Password provided by your VPN service will be used here
- Import .ovpn file: Find the OpenVPN file you downloaded earlier, click Upload
- Click OK, click activate to enable the VPN connection
- At this point, save all these changes and close your router’s admin panel
- Restart your PS4, through your PS4 menu screen, click Setting>Network Settings
- Click Set up Internet Connection>Use Wi-Fi
- Select Easy as the connection method
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and connect via your login credentials
- Do not forget to tick the Do Not Use a Proxy Server box
- Confirm the Settings, click Save
- You can click Test Connection to see if the new settings are working fine or not
- Congratulations, A VPN enabled router has been set up to your PS4 gaming console
Option #2: Configure the VPN on your PC and then share it with your PS4 (or PS5)
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN
- Download the VPN app on your Windows PC
- Connect your Windows PC to PS4 using the ethernet cable
- Open Windows Control Panel and go to the Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change Adaptor settings, right-click VPN connection (VPN set up on your Windows PC)
- Click Properties>Sharing and tick the box that suggests: Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection
- Find the Home networking connection drop-down menu and select your ethernet connection
- Connect to your preferred VPN server using the VPN client on your PC
- Restart your PS4 and through your PS4 menu screen, click Settings>Network Settings
- Choose Set Up Internet Connection through Network Settings
- Select Use a Lan Cable option when shown
- Choose Easy as the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy server when asked
- Save all these changes, click Test Connection to see if the new settings are working fine or not
Congratulations! A VPN on your Windows PC has been set up to your router successfully.
The best VPN to get BBC iPlayer on PS4 and PS5 in Australia
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPN services to access BBC iPlayer’s latest media content on PS4 gaming consoles in Australia. Furthermore, the service offers 4 dedicated servers in various cities in the UK.
These cities are London, East London, and Wembley. As a result, you can easily connect to your desired server in Australia and watch famous TV shows like Peaky Blinders, EastEnders, I Can See Your Voice, etc. without any difficulty.
As far as ExpressVPN privacy and security features are concerned, it offers network lock (internet kill switch), split tunneling, IP leak protection, DNS leak protection, WebRTC leak protection, 5 simultaneous connections, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit military-grade encryption, etc.
If you want to know about ExpressVPN pricing plans, you can get its 12 months + 3 months free package by paying $6.67/month along with a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other top VPN providers to watch BBC iPlayer
Fortunately, you have options galore when you want to use a VPN that helps you access BBC iPlayer media content in Australia. ExpressVPN aside, you can use other VPNs to continue streaming your favorite BBC channels and shows hassle-free. These VPN services are:
Surfshark is a BVI (British Virgin Islands) based VPN service like ExpressVPN that offers 3 exclusive servers in different cities in the UK. These cities are London, Manchester, and Glasgow.
If we discuss its privacy and security features, Surfshark provides an internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, whitelister, cleanweb, unlimited simultaneous connections, IP leak protection, MultiHop, etc.
If you want to use Surfshark, you will need to pay $2.49/month alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is a Panama-based VPN service that offers 440+ servers in the Great Dunmow, a historical town situated in the UK.
In terms of security and privacy, NordVPN offers numerous features like internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit encryption, double VPN, split tunneling, IP leak protection, obfuscated servers, 6 simultaneous connections, etc.
If you wish to use NordVPN, you will have to subscribe to its 2-year plan by paying $4.13/month along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is there a free VPN for PS4 (or PS5)?
A free VPN might be a risky option when it comes to accessing BBC iPlayer TV shows, movies, and documentaries on PS4. They may sell your sensitive browsing information to third-party marketers to make their ends meet.
Therefore, we would recommend you to stay away from free VPN services as they can harm your online privacy a great deal.
Is BBC iPlayer free on PS4 and PS5?
Interestingly, the BBC iPlayer app on the PS4 gaming console is available for free online streaming. It means you only need to create an official account on BBC iPlayer and begin watching TV shows, movies, documentaries, and TV channels trouble-free.
Does the BBC iPlayer PlayStation app support 4K?
BBC iPlayer PS4 app allows you to watch all your favorite media content including TV shows, movies, and documentaries in 4k streaming quality.
Can you use BBC iPlayer on PS4 without Playstation Plus?
You can use BBC iPlayer on PS4 without using your PlayStation Plus membership to watch shows or movies based on different genres like action, comedy, romance, adventure, suspense, horror, etc.
Can you watch BBC iPlayer on PS4 without Wi-Fi?
Unfortunately, you cannot watch BBC iPlayer on PS4 or PS5 gaming consoles without using your Wi-Fi or mobile data internet connection. You will have to connect your PS4 to the internet before streaming BBC iPlayer content as per your preferences.
BBC iPlayer helps you to watch TV shows, movies, and documentaries under one roof without any hassle. Besides, the service allows you to access BBC’s different TV channels like BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, S4C, etc. on your PS4 gaming consoles in Australia instantly.
That said, you will need to use a VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer in Australia on PS4 gaming consoles.
You May also be interested in: