How To Get BBC iPlayer On PS4/PS5 In Australia [Easy Guide]
Wondering, how do I install BBC iPlayer on PlayStation? You have come to the right place. In this guide, we will tell you in detail how you can watch BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5 in Australia.
Since BBC iPlayer is a UK-based streaming service and due to copyright issues, you will need a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Australia.
BBC iPlayer has some of the best content to offer to audiences in films, documentaries, sports, and TV shows. Some of our favorites that are currently available for streaming on iPlayer are Six Nations 2023 and FBoy Island NZ.
So now, if you want to know how you can get BBC iPlayer on PS4 or PS5 gaming consoles in Australia, read this guide in detail.
How to watch BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5 in Australia? [Quick steps]
If you want to watch BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5 in Australia, here is what you should do:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install VPN App on your PS4/SP5
- Connect to a UK server (Recommended: Docklands).
- Turn on your PlayStation.
- Ensure that the PlayStation Network is Active.
- Change your PSN (PlayStation Network) location to the UK
- Go to the All Apps section on Media.
- Select BBC iPlayer App.
- Select My Channels under TV/Video services.
- Select BBC iPlayer.
- Voila! Start streaming BBC iPlayer on PlayStation.
How to create a PSN account for PS4?
When it comes to getting BBC iPlayer on PS4 in Australia, you will need to change your PSN location to the UK. Once you have created a new British PSN account, you can stream BBC iPlayer in Australia straight away.
To create a PSN account for PS4, simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official Sony Entertainment website, click the Start button
- Enter your email address and password
- Select a country/region using the combo menu
- Choose State/Province and mention your date of birth
- Click Next, configure your notification settings
- Click agree and create an account
- Confirm your email address
Note: This is how you can create a British PSN account successfully. That said, you will need to configure your PSN account first.
How to configure your PSN account?
Follow these steps as mentioned below to configure your PSN account:
- Go to the PSN website
- Login to your account and agree with the Update Notice
- Select a city from the combo menu
- Mention your state or province and postal code
- Select your online ID by writing your first and last names in the required field
- Click Done
- That’s it, you can now stream BBC iPlayer on PS4 using your British PSN account.
How to set up a VPN on PlayStation 4 and 5?
If you want to watch BBC iPlayer on your PS4 or PS5 gaming console, you will need to set up a VPN first. As a result, you can continue streaming BBC iPlayer in Australia securely and anonymously.
Luckily, there are two main methods that allow you to configure a VPN on PS4 or PS5. These methods are:
Option #1: Configure the VPN on your router and then extend it to your PS4 (or PS5)
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Now, you should download the OpenVPN configuration files for your desired server location like the UK.
- At this point, go to your router’s admin panel and check your local IP address which will be 192.168.1.1.
- Now, log in to your router using your password.
- Click VPN using the Advanced Settings option.
- Click the VPN client tab, and click Add Profile option.
- Choose the OpenVPN tab and provide the required information.
- Give any name to your VPN connection like ExpressVPN.
- The password provided by your VPN service will be used here.
- Import .ovpn file: Find the OpenVPN file you downloaded earlier, and click Upload.
- Click OK, click activate to enable the VPN connection.
- At this point, save all these changes and close your router’s admin panel.
- Restart your PS4, through your PS4 menu screen, click Setting>Network Settings.
- Click Set up Internet Connection>Use Wi-Fi.
- Select Easy as the connection method.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and connect via your login credentials.
- Do not forget to tick the Do Not Use a Proxy Server box.
- Confirm the Settings, and click Save.
- You can click Test Connection to see if the new settings are working fine or not.
- Congratulations, A VPN-enabled router has been set up to your PS4 gaming console.
Option #2: Configure the VPN on your PC and then share it with your PS4 (or PS5)
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your Windows PC.
- Connect your Windows PC to PS4 using the ethernet cable.
- Open Windows Control Panel and go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change Adaptor settings, and right-click VPN connection (VPN set up on your Windows PC).
- Click Properties>Sharing and tick the box that suggests: Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- Find the Home networking connection drop-down menu and select your ethernet connection.
- Connect to your preferred VPN server using the VPN client on your PC.
- Restart your PS4 and through your PS4 menu screen, click Settings>Network Settings.
- Choose Set Up Internet Connection through Network Settings.
- Select the Use a Lan Cable option when shown.
- Choose Easy as the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy server when asked.
- Save all these changes, and click Test Connection to see if the new settings are working fine or not.
- Congratulations! A VPN on your Windows PC has been successfully set up to your router.
Why is ExpressVPN the Best for Streaming BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5 in Australia?
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPN services to access BBC iPlayer’s latest media content on PS4 gaming consoles in Australia. Furthermore, the service offers
It has a server network of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries with 4 dedicated servers in various cities in the UK. These cities are London, East London, Docklands and Wembley.
The unique feature of ExpressVPN is the MediaStreamer Feature that allows you to connect with those devices with no VPN configuration, such as Firestick and Roku devices. You can also access BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in Australia and stream these shows hassle-free.
As far as ExpressVPN privacy and security features are concerned, it offers network lock (internet kill switch), split tunneling, IP leak protection, DNS leak protection, WebRTC leak protection, 5 simultaneous connections, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit military-grade encryption, etc.
ExpressVPN is also best known for torrenting. Hence we can say that this VPN lets you get channels on PS4/PS5, but you can also watch Eurosport on Firestick. Isn’t amazing?
When we tested ExpressVPN, it gave us a download speed of 92.26Mbps and an upload speed of 89.45Mbps on a 100Mbps connection. This speed is fast enough to stream Beyond Paradise and Great Expectations on BBC iPlayer in Australia.
If you want to know about ExpressVPN pricing plans, you can get its 12 months + 3 months free package by paying AU$10.18/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) along with a generous 30-days money-back guarantee.
What other VPNs work best with BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5?
Fortunately, you have options galore when you want to use a VPN that helps you access BBC iPlayer media content in Australia. ExpressVPN aside, you can use other VPNs to stream your favorite BBC channels and shows hassle-free. These VPN services are:
2.Surfshark – Cheapest VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Playstation
Surfshark is a BVI (British Virgin Islands) based VPN service like ExpressVPN that offers 3 exclusive servers in different cities in the UK. These cities are London, Manchester, and Glasgow.
If we discuss its privacy and security features, Surfshark provides an internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, whitelister, cleanweb, unlimited simultaneous connections, IP leak protection, MultiHop, etc.
Such strong features let you access BBC iPlayer on Android in Australia securely.
If you want to use Surfshark, you will need to pay AU$3.8/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network to watch BBC iPlayer on Playstation
NordVPN is a Panama-based VPN service that offers 440+ servers in the Great Dunmow, a historical town situated in the UK.
In terms of security and privacy, NordVPN offers numerous features like an internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit encryption, double VPN, split tunneling, IP leak protection, obfuscated servers, 6 simultaneous connections, etc. This means you can securely watch BBC iPlayer on Sky in Australia.
With these security features, you can also access BBC iPlayer on your iPhone in Australia without any bandwidth issues.
If you wish to use NordVPN, you will have to subscribe to its 2-year plan by paying AU$5.33/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is there a free VPN for PS4 (or PS5)?
A free VPN might be a risky option when it comes to accessing content on BBC iPlayer like BBC iPlayer movies, and documentaries on PS4. Due to weak infrastructure, they may sell your sensitive browsing information to third-party marketers to make ends meet.
Therefore, we do not recommend free VPN services to stream BBC iPlayer in Australia as they can harm your online privacy and also leak essential information to third parties without your consent.
Is BBC iPlayer free on PS4 and PS5?
Interestingly, the BBC iPlayer app on the PS4 and PS5 gaming consoles is available for free online streaming. The PS5 users will be happy to know that BBC iPlayer App is finally made available on PS5 gaming console.
It means you only need to create an official account on BBC iPlayer and begin watching TV shows such as Better Series, documentaries like The Warship: Tour of Duty, and a wide range of TV channels trouble-free.
What are the Other compatible Devices with BBC iPlayer?
Many devices are found to be compatible with BBC iPlayer, such as:
What to watch on BBC iPlayer via PS4/PS5?
There is a huge variety of content on BBC iPlayer that you can watch via PS4/PS5. It has some of the best shows, movies, documentaries, sports programs and much more. Some of are top picks are mentioned below:
|An Irish Goodbye||FA Women’s Super League||Better|
|Booksmart||Scottish Championship||FBoy Island NZ|
|Notebook||Formula 1||Question Time|
|Falling in Love at Christmas||Bellator MMA||Project Icon|
|Christmas in Toyland||FA Cup 2023||EastEnders|
|Drag me to Hell||Six Nations||Death in Paradise|
|Host||FIFA World Cup 2022||Amanda & Alan’s Italian Job|
|Dancing through Christmas||Müller British Athletics Championships 2022||I Kissed a Boy|
|Baking all the way||World Cup Rugby League||Strictly Come Dancing|
|Heart of the Holidays||Alex Scott: The Future of Women’s Football||Handover and Allocation Draw|
Is BBC iPlayer 4K on PS5 and PS4?
What resolution is BBC iPlayer on PS5?
Why can't I watch BBC iPlayer on my PS4?
- Register with PlayStation Network.
- Sign in to the PlayStation Store.
- Download a TV/Video service.
- Exit the store.
- TV/Video service should now be visible.
- Under TV/Video service, look for My Channels.
- BBC iPlayer App will be listed under this category.
You may be prompted to download BBC iPlayer App on PS4, just click install and BBC iPlayer App will appear in the list.
Can you watch BBC iPlayer on PS4 without Wi-Fi?
With the help of our guide, we are sure that now you can watch BBC iPlayer on PS4/PS5 in Australia hassle-free. All you need is a subscription to a premium VPN service such as ExpressVPN to bypass the geo-restrictions of BBC iPlayer and stream Dragon’s Den along with other shows uninterruptedly.
Even if you want to switch your device you can access BBC iPlayer on Windows in Australia without any extra effort with ExpressVPN. And if you’re not interested anymore, you can cancel your BBC iPlayer subscription by following some precise steps.