How To Watch Channel 5 In Australia With A VPN? 
Wondering is Channel 5 available in Australia?
Unfortunately, Channel 5 is not available in Australia. But still, you can watch Channel 5 in Australia with the help of ExpressVPN.
Channel 5, also known as My5, is a UK-based video-on-demand streaming service. The best thing about this British streaming service is its diverse media content which is free to access after signing up for Channel 5 account.
It is a home of fantastic TV shows and movies like NCIS, Home and Away, Sleepy Hallow, Law and Order and Celebrity Big Brother.
But the catch here is that its live streaming is restricted in Australia because of content geo-blocking policies. A reliable VPN is the perfect way to avoid these frustrating restrictions.
In this article, we’ll explain how you can watch Channel 5 in Australia using a VPN and which are the best VPNs to get the job done. So, let’s kick things off without further ado!
How to Watch Channel 5 in Australia [Quick Steps]
To access the media content of Channel 5, here are the quick steps you should take:
- First, subscribe to ExpressVPN (our recommended choice).
- Then, download the VPN app on your Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
- Login to your ExpressVPN account and connect to a UK server (preferably East London and Dockland) from the list of servers.
- Open the official website or app of Channel 5.
- Sign up for the platform and start watching your favourite content hassle-free.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Channel 5 in Australia?
As you know, Channel 5 is a geo-restricted service like other streaming platforms. So if you try to stream Channel 5 live in Australia, the following error will appear on your screen:
We’re sorry. You must be located in the UK to view this content.
Therefore, you will have to use a VPN that provides a UK IP address helps you to unblock its media content in Australia. A VPN masks your Australian IP address through an alternate IP address.
Consequently, you can spoof your online locations and easily access Channel 5 and various geo-restricted services in Australia. Moreover, a VPN also guards your online privacy against malicious activities of hackers.
How to Sign Up for Channel 5 in Australia?
Though Channel 5 is a free-to-watch streaming service, you must first sign up to watch its free content. Here is what you should do to get Channel 5 subscription in Australia:
- First, open ExpressVPN and connect to the UK server.
- Next, visit channel5.com and press Sign in.
- Select the Register tab to create your Channel 5 account. Then fill in your credentials (first name, last name, date of birth, email address and password).
- You’ll also require to enter the UK zip code, which you can easily find on google. Once entered all the necessary information, accept the Terms and Conditions and click Create Account.
- Congratulations! Your Channel 5 account is ready to use. Enjoy Channel 5 live streaming in Australia.
Note: Though the Sign-up process is relatively easy, there are times when Channel 5 is not working for different reasons; let’s go in-depth to explore the reasons and quick fixes.
What are the Best VPNs to Watch Channel 5 (My5) in Australia?
Our team thoroughly tests 50 VPN services against the criteria of UK servers, speed, and unblocking capabilities to find out which VPNs are best with Channel 5 in Australia.
Only three VPNs – ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN meet our benchmark the most, hence recommended for watching Channel 5 in Australia.
Let’s dig into their description:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Watching Channel 5 in Australia
ExpressVPN is the top-recommended VPN to unblock Channel 5 as it is always ahead of its competitors in terms of performance.
In addition, the impressive unblocking capabilities of ExpressVPN let you bypass the geo-restrictions of Channel 5 and the other UK streaming platforms.
The service offers four dedicated servers in various cities in the UK, like London, East London, Docklands, and Wembley. Overall, ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94+ countries. You can also get Sky Sports and UK TV in Australia by connecting to the reliable ExpressVPN network.
ExpressVPN is the fast VPN on the list. It offers unlimited bandwidth, so there is no chance of buffering interruption during streaming. On 100 Mpbs internet, we got a download speed of 89.78 Mbps and an upload speed of 82.22 Mbps after connecting to the server.
The VPN app is available for all standard devices like Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Moreover, ExpressVPN provides pre-configured routers and a SmartDNS (MediaStreamer) option for devices that don’t natively support VPNs. These unique features of this VPN let you watch BBC iPlayer and Channel 4 in Australia.
If you want to use ExpressVPN, you can get its 2-year + 3 months free package by paying AU$ 10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Server: Dockland, London and East London
Server to avoid: Wembley
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
- Work with Channel 5 and other major streaming services
- User-friendly live chat support round the clock
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming in 4k
- Military-grade encryption
- A bit expensive
- Fewer servers than other leading VPNs
2. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Watching Channel 5 Australia
Surfshark is another premium VPN to watch Channel 5 in Australia, which is available at an affordable price. You can get the subscription to its 2-year + 2 months free plan for just AU$ 3.81/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) alongside an appropriate 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. Furthermore, the services offer 50+ dedicated UK servers throughout London, Manchester, and Glasgow. With the strong unblocking powers of Surfshark, you can easily access ITV Hub and unblock BFI Player in Australia.
The speed test of the same server recorded a fast download speed of 87.18 Mbps and 52.13 Mbps upload over 100 Mbps internet. The speed is more than enough for watching Crave TV and HBO Max in Australia.
With Surfshark VPN, you can use the internet without any ads, malware, or trackers as it provides military-grade AES-256 encryption, VPN Kill Switch, Clean Web, Bypasser, and Camouflage Mode. Thus using these features, watching Telemundo, or getting Eurosport no longer remains a hassle for you.
Regarding client support, Surfshark is comparable with various devices and OS like Android, iOS, Windows, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, etc. Moreover, you can connect unlimited devices simultaneously with a single account.
Recommended Server: London and Manchester
Server to avoid: Glasgow
Pros and Cons of Surfshark
- Unblock Channel 5 and other UK streaming platforms
- Support unlimited connections
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- 7-day free trial on android and iOS devices
- Unreliable customer support
3. NordVPN: Reliable VPN for Watching Channel 5 Australia
NordVPN is reliable for watching Channel 5 in Australia because of its extensive server collection. It provides more than 440 UK servers in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, and Manchester. Hence, you can quickly connect to your desired UK server to watch Channel 5 shows or enjoy live sports streaming on BT Sport from Australia.
Not just the UK, but you can get benefits from 5500+ servers of NordVPN to unblock the streaming platforms of 60+ countries.
On 100 Mbps, NordVPN provided us with speeds of 87.78 Mbps download and 42.22 Mbps upload, indicating that it will not lower your internet and makes streaming TVPlayer in Australia effortless.
NordVPN aims to provide high-end security with AES 256-bit encryption, CyberSec, an internet kill switch, no log, and no IP and DNS leak to safeguard your internet traffic. We’ve tested their unblocking capabilities against unblocking of CW and Salto in Australia, and the results were tremendous.
Device support is available for Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, Firestick, and others. In addition, NordVPN offers six simultaneous connections to share your account with your family and friends.
NordVPN pricing is above average but not too high. Its 2-year plan subscription costs AU$ 5.34/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) . The said plan comes with an attractive 30-day refund policy. With these prices accessing TVNZ and Greek TV in Australia becomes surprising for streamers.
Recommended Server: London # 1899, #2097 and Edinburgh #1982
Servers to avoid: Manchester #1425, Edinburgh #2488
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
- A large number of UK servers
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Excellent loading speeds
- Slow connections speed on the weekend
- No app for the router
What are the Channel 5 Compatible Devices?
My5 or Channel 5 supports numerous operating systems and devices, such as:
The other supporting devices are;
- Smart TVs: Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and Roku TV
- Gaming Consoles: PS4
- Set-top Boxes: Apple TV, NowTV, Roku, YouView, Freeview
How to watch Channel 5 on Android?
To watch Channel 5 on your Android device in Australia, follow these steps:
- Get a subscription to a dependable VPN service. ExpressVPN is the best option to consider.
- Download the VPN app and connect to the server in the United Kingdom. (Dockland server is highly recommended).
- Switch your Google account location to the UK.
- Install the My5 – Channel 5 App from the Google Play Store.
- Sign up for a Channel 5 account and enjoy streaming in Australia.
How to watch Channel 5 on iOS?
You can Channel 5 on your iOS device by downloading the app available on the Apple App Store. To do this, follow these steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN for its fast servers.
- Connect to a UK server from the list. We recommend the Docklands server.
- Then, tap Apple ID > Media & Purchases > View Account > Country/Region > Change Country to United Kingdom in Settings Menu on your device.
- Next, go to the Apple App Store and search for the Channel 5 App.
- Download the app and enjoy streaming Channel 5 on your iOS device.
What is the Worth Watching Content on Channel 5?
If you’re unsure of what to watch on Channel 5, Don’t fret; We’ve already done the legwork by compiling a list of some of Channel 5’s top movies and television programs.
Best Shows and Movies on different Channel 5 channels
Channel 5 offers premium content in Drama, Film, Entertainment, Soap, Sports, and My5 Exclusive categories. Here is the list that includes the popular TV shows on Channel 5 to binge in 2022:
|Robocop||Police Interceptors||Great British Ships||Murders She Wrote|
|Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday||Treadstone||Forged in Fire||Criminal Minds|
|Amazing Cleans||Fights, Camera, Action||Cash In the Attic||Blue Blood|
|Call the Bailiffs||The Gadget Show||Christmas Homecoming||Private Eyes|
|Wanted||Police Academy 7||Rent An Elf||NCIS|
|Kill Thy Neighbour||Professionals||Our Yorkshire Farm||Law & Order|
Does Channel 5 have a streaming app?
Can I watch Channel 5 for free?
What is the cost of Channel 5?
How do I watch Channel 5 on my Smart TV?
Are Channel 5 and Demand 5 the Same?
Can I watch Channel 5 on Amazon Prime?
Channel 5 is another streaming service in the UK where you can catch all the great British content for free. However, since access to the service is restricted in Australia, we expect our guide clarifies you how to watch Channel 5 in Australia with a VPN.
Our top choice is ExpressVPN. It offers dedicated fast servers for streaming and unlimited bandwidth and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So, get your hands on ExpressVPN and enjoy the streaming of Channel 5 live in Australia.