How To Cast Channel 5 On Chromecast [Brief Guide – 2023]
You can easily cast Channel 5 on Chromecast by simply adding and connecting your Google Chromecast TV device with your casting device.
United Kingdom’s based most streamed site, Channel 5, is one of Britain’s most famous streaming services. It is a publicly broadcasted free-to-air television network that was launched in mid-1977. Since then, it has served a hundred thousand customers with delightful entertainment experiences.
You can watch popularly well-known shows like Friends, The Walking Dead, All Creatures Great and Small, Law and Order, and Neighbours on Channel 5 on Chromecast; Channel 5 also has its home news channel called 5 News which shares recent and reliable News updates for its viewers.
Unfortunately, Channel 5 is a licensed broadcasting service only available on the UK ad Ireland border. You can access Channel 5 in Australia and its content only through a powerful VPN source like ExpressVPN, a fast-functioning VPN service with reliable servers present globally.
Without wasting any time, let’s look into different ways how to watch Channel 5 on Chromecast.
How to Cast Channel 5 on Chromecast? [Quick teps]
You can easily cast Channel 5 on Chromecast by accessing it through the MY5 application. My5 is an application that provides VOD service to bring you your favorite content and shows from the Channel 5 group, including 5USA, Channel 5, 5Star, 5Action, and 5Select for free.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to the UK server (London). (Our recommended)
- Install the My5 application on your device. (Android and iOS)
- Connect your device to Chromecast.
- Cast your playing video on Chromecast.
- Enjoy Channel 5 on Chromecast.
Note: If Channel 5 is not working, try connecting to a different server.
How to cast Channel 5 on Chromecast using a PC
You can cast Channel 5 on Chromecast by using Google Chrome Browser. You can also use other web browsers like Microsoft Edge ad Firefox the steps might only slightly variate. Follow these easy steps to cast Channel 5 on Chromecast using a PC or laptop.
- Step 1: Get a reliable VPN and connect to the UK server.
- We recommend ExpressVPN (London)
- Step 2: Make sure to connect your casting device (a laptop or your Personal Computer) and your Chromecast TV device on the same Internet connection.
- Step 3: Launch the Google Chrome Browser (or any other browser) on your PC.
- Step 4: Open the official website of Channel 5 or My5.
- Step 5: Log in to your My5 account using your account credentials or sign up to register your My5 account if you don’t already have one.
- Step 6: Select any show you wish to stream on your Chromecast TV and play it.
- Step 7: Click on a kebab menu (three dotted icons) located in the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 8: A drop-down box will occur; select cast from the list of options.
- Step 9: Click on your Chromecast-connected TV to connect with it.
- Step 10: You can now cast your favorite shows from Channel 5 on Chromecast TV.
How to cast Channel 5 on Chromecast using iOS?
To cast Channel 5 on Chromecast TV through an iOS, you must have the My5 iOS application.
- Step 1: Get a reliable VPN and connect to the UK server. (London)
- Step 2: Make sure to connect your casting device (iPad or iPhone) and your Chromecast TV device on the same internet connection.
- Step 3: Install or Download the My5 application from Applestore.
- Step 4: Launch the My5 application on your iOS device.
- Step 5: Log in to your My5 account using your email and password. If you don’t already have an account, sign up to register.
- Step 6: Select any TV Show or movie that you wish to stream and start playing it.
- Step 7: Click on the Cast option in the upper right corner of your playing screen.
- Step 8: Select your Chromecast TV to connect to it.
- Step 9: When connected, enjoy your streaming of Channel 5 on a Chromecast TV device.
How to cast Channel 5 on Chromecast using Android?
Follow the steps down below to cast Channel 5 on Chromecast TV through Android.
- Step 1: subscribe to a reliable VPN and connect to the UK server. (London)
- Step 2: Ensure that your casting device ( Android Mobile or Tablet ) and your Chromecast TV device is connected to the same internet connection.
- Step 3: Install or Download the My5 android application from Google Playstore.
- Step 4: Open your My5 application on your android device.
- Step 5: Sign in to your My5 account using your account details like ID and password. If you do not have a My5 account, click Sign up to register.
- Step 6: Select any movie or show you wish to stream when signing in successfully.
- Step 7: Start playing the video.
- Step 8: Click on the Cast icon on your playing screen.
- Step 9: Select your Chromecast-connected TV to connect to.
- Step 10: Once connected, you can now enjoy streaming Channel 5 on the big screen.
What are other devices I can watch Channel 5 on?
Channel 5 is a highly compatible service with many Android, iOS, and other devices. We have constructed a list of devices compatible with the Chanel 5 or My5 application.
- Samsung TV
- Sony TV
- Smart TV
- Android devices such as mobile and tablets ( running on 5.0 or above android version)
- iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad ( running on 10.0 or above iOS)
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick and Fire TV
- Roku and Now TV
- Playstation 4
The only other option, if you don’t have availability to a Channel 5-enabled device, is to connect your laptop to your Smart TV using an HDMI cable and access it through the official Channel 5 website.
These devices are also essential with other channels, like casting 7plus on Chromecast from iOS and casting Foxtel Go on Chromecast from Android is effortless.
Why can't I watch Channel 5 on my TV?
Do you have to pay for Channel 5?
Channel 5 now also has an online VOD streaming and live streaming service available in the form of its official My5 application.
However, these amazing services are only limited to the UK and Ireland’s border. If you wish to stream Channel 5 in Australia, you must have access to ExpressVPN.
If you are searching for how to watch Channel 5 on Chromecast, This article provides you with a detailed guide on casting Channel 5 on Chromecast TV using different devices. You can also cast Channel 5 on Firestick hassle-free.
Not only this, but if you want to know how to watch Hulu on PS4, American Disney Plus on Chromecast, or BBC iPlayer on Apple TV, you are also backed here!