How to Get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia in 2022
Disney Plus is an excellent streaming service ideal for viewers who wish to watch movies, documentaries, and TV shows related to attractive genres like comedy, romance, action, science-fiction, nature, etc., under one roof.
If you want to discover how to get American Disney Plus in Australia on PS5, continue reading this guide.
How to get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia
To get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia, follow these simple five steps mentioned below:
- Subscribe to a PlayStation-compatible VPN like ExpressVPN (our recommended choice)
- Install a VPN service on your PS5 gaming console using your Wi-Fi router or you can set up a VPN service on your Windows PC and share it with your PS5 via an Ethernet cable
- You can also configure a VPN service on your Mac and then share it with your PS5 using an Ethernet cable
- Launch the VPN service and connect to a US server
- Launch Disney Plus by going to the TV & Video section of your PS5 and tapping the Disney+ icon
- Enter your username and password
- Start enjoying TV shows and movies while residing in Australia
Setting up a VPN on PlayStation 5
Unfortunately, VPN services do not provide dedicated apps for PlayStation. Hence, you will have to manually install a VPN service. Interestingly, you can use three different methods, which are described below:
Option #1: Configure the VPN on your router and then extend it to your PS5
You can configure a VPN provider on your router by going to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use Wi-Fi > Easy > Preferred network name. Enter the password to establish the connection. Moreover, you must use a VPN-compatible Wi-Fi router to set up a VPN on your router. If you do not wish to set up a VPN service on your router yourself, you can buy a pre-configured router. As a result, you can get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia and stream hit TV shows or movies accordingly.
Option #2: Configure the VPN on your PC and then share it with your PS5
You can also install a VPN service to your personal computer (Windows) and then share it to your PS through an Ethernet cable. It means you can easily watch American Disney Plus in Australia on your PS5 trouble-free. you can follow these simple below-described steps:
- Download and install the VPN service on your computer such as ExpressVPN (our preferred choice)
- Launch the app and connect to a US server
- Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into your PC and the other end into your PlayStation console
- Through the Windows search bar, write control panel and press enter
- Choose Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings
- Search for an ExpressVPN adapter and once you find it, right-click on it and choose Properties
- Go to the Sharing tab and check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”, press OK
- Through your PS5 home screen, go to Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection>Use a LAN Cable>Easy
- Congrats!, ExpressVPN is installed on your PS5
Option#3: Configure the VPN service on your Mac and then extend it to your PS5
You can follow these simple below-mentioned steps to install a VPN service on your Mac:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your macOS device to your PS5
- Similarly, you can use the other Ethernet cable to connect your router to your PS5
- Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing
- Through “Share your connection from”, select your VPN
- Under “To computers using”, select Wi-Fi or Ethernet depending on how you will connect your PS5 when it comes to sharing your internet connection
- You should set up a username and password (skip this step if you are using a LAN cable
- At this point, you should click ‘Wi-Fi options’ and select your desired username and password for your hotspot
- When you see a pop-up on your screen indicating, “To share your internet connection”, you must turn on ‘Wi-Fi’, Click ‘Turn Wi-Fi on’
- You can turn on internet sharing by clicking ‘Start’ in case you receive a message saying, “Are you sure you want to turn on Internet”
- Connect to a US server by opening a VPN service on your Mac device and set up your PS5 connection by going to Settings > Network > Connect to the internet
- Choose Wi-Fi and connect to the network you set up in step 4 for a Wi-Fi connection
- Select Use a LAN cable>Easy for Ethernet
- Choose “Do not use a proxy server” if shown
This is how you can set up a VPN service on your PS5 using your Mac device.
The Best VPN to Get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN Service to Get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly considered one of the best VPN services available in the market. Through the BVI (British Virgin Islands), you can securely get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia. Additionally, the service offers 3000+ servers in 90+ countries, including the US worldwide. Likewise, ExpressVPN provides 35+ servers in various cities in the US like New York, Miami, New Jersey, Washington DC, etc.
In terms of speed, the service does offer an impressive 53.5 Mbps download speed on average when connected to our 65 Mbps internet connection. Furthermore, ExpressVPN provides various security and privacy features like AES-256 bit encryption, OpenVPN protocol, DNS leak protection, WebRTC leak protection, internet kill switch, 5 multi-logins, etc.
Similarly, the provider supports various routers such as Asus RT-AC87U, Asus RT-AC56(U/R/S), Linksys EA6200, Linksys WRT1900AC(S), etc.
If you want to use ExpressVPN, you can get its 1-year + 3 months free plan for AU$10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other top VPN providers
If you want to use VPN services other than ExpressVPN, you can rely on Surfshark and NordVPN that allow you to get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia
Surfshark also works from the BVI (British Virgin Islands) like ExpressVPN and offers 3200+ servers in 65 countries, including the US worldwide. The service provides 600+ servers in several cities in the US like Chicago, Salt Lake City, New York, Boston, Miami, etc. Thus, you can get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia by connecting to your preferred US servers.
Moreover, Surfshark offers a reasonable 50.5 Mbps download speed on average when connected to our 65 Mbps internet connection. On the security and privacy front, the service has several features like internet kill switch, unlimited simultaneous connections, WireGuard and OpenVPN protocol, etc.
Surfshark supports different Wi-Fi routers such as Asus RT-AC86U AC2900, GLiNet GL-MT300N-V2, NetDuma R1, TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750, Synology RT2600AC, etc.
You can get Surfshark for AU$3.81/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN– Another useful VPN service to Get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia
NordVPN is another trustworthy VPN service like Surfshark that enables you to get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia anonymously. The service mainly operates from Panama and provides 5000+ servers in 55+ countries, including the US worldwide.
Besides, the service provides 1900+ servers in different cities throughout the US like Chicago, Phoenix, New York, Washington DC, Dallas, etc. Additionally, the service provides 47.7 Mbps download speed on average using a 65 Mbps connection.
You can use NordVPN on various Wi-Fi routers such as Asus RT-N18U, Asus RT-AC66U, Netgear R7800, etc. The provider offers numerous security and privacy features like internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, WebRTC leak protection, DNS leak protection, OpenVPN and NordLynx tunneling protocols, 6 multi-logins, etc.
You can get NordVPN for AU$5.34/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) with a 30-day refund policy.
Is there a free VPN for PS5?
We would not recommend our users to go with free VPNs for PS5 as they can steal users’ data and jeopardize their privacy a great deal. Besides, they can cause streaming issues that can hamper your Disney+ streaming experience to a certain extent.
But, if you want to use a free VPN service on PS5, be mindful of choosing a reliable free VPN for Australia you can use a premium VPN service that offers a free or money-back trial to its new users. As a result, you can enjoy watching TV shows and movies on US Disney Plus in Australia without compromising your privacy. Therefore, you can go through our exclusive guide on VPNs with a free trial.
Luckily, you can use all these above-mentioned VPN services free of cost by availing their 30-day money-back guarantee. The good thing is all these VPNs provide numerous security and privacy features alongside excellent connection speeds and unlimited data ideal for watching geo-blocked content on your PS5 without any buffering or other issues.
The VPNs we have mentioned also allow you to get American Netflix in Australia.
How do you activate American Disney Plus on PS5?
The Disney Plus app comes pre-installed in PS5. Furthermore, you can find the Disney+ app by navigating to the TV & Video section on your PS5. Once you have found the app, you can press the app icon and log in to your account using your credentials easily.
Is American Disney Plus free on PS5?
Although, you do not need to download the US Disney Plus app yourself as the app comes pre-installed in PS5. But, you will use your premium Disney Plus account to enjoy streaming its media content. The service offers its monthly package at $7.99 per month. Likewise, you can get its yearly package by paying $79.99 per year.
Can I pay for Disney Plus with a PSN Card?
Yes, you can pay for your Disney Plus subscription through a PSN account without any issue. This way, you can continue streaming Disney+ titles on your PS5 gaming console straightaway.
Does the Disney Plus PlayStation app support 4K?
Fortunately, you can stream US Disney Plus in 4K on PS5. That said, you will have to use your premium Disney+ account to watch media content on a popular gaming console.
Can you use Disney Plus on PS5 without PlayStation Plus?
Yes, you can use the Disney Plus app on PS5 without PlayStation Plus. However, you must subscribe to Disney Plus on PS5. By doing so, you can watch a multitude of TV shows and movies.
Can you watch Disney Plus on PS5 without Wi-Fi?
No, you cannot watch American Disney+ on PS5 without an internet connection. That said, you can still enjoy its offline viewing feature on mobile devices, including Android and iPhone, by downloading your desired Disney+ TV shows and movies. As a result, you can watch these shows and movies without using your Wi-Fi or mobile data internet connection.
Disney Plus not working on PS5 – Enable HDCP error message
In case you try to use the Disney Plus app on PS5 and receive the HDCP error message in return, you should go to Settings > System > and select Enable HDCP. This way, you can successfully overcome the said issue instantly.
Is Disney Plus available on PS5?
Does Disney Plus have 4K on PS5?
Can I update Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia?
We expect you can get American Disney Plus on PS5 in Australia following our guide as per your preferences trouble-free. Thus, you can enjoy streaming numerous shows or movies on your favourite gaming console without any problem.
You May also be interested in:
- Get American Disney Plus on iPhone in Australia
- Get American Netflix on Android in Australia
- Australian Netflix Review