How to Get HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia
HBO Max is famous for producing record-breaking TV shows like Game of Thrones, Barry, Succession, His Dark Materials, The Outsider, etc. If you are a fan of HBO Max’s top-notch shows and other media content like us and want to stream them on your Apple TV in Australia, continue reading this post in detail.
How to Get HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia – All you need to know
The task of getting HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia securely and anonymously is not a difficult task provided you have a VPN in your arsenal.
Once you have connected to a VPN service of your choice, you can access HBO Max’s latest TV shows, movies, and documentaries on Apple TV hassle-free. In reality, you can use two different methods that allow you to stream HBO Max on Apple TV via VPN straightaway.
These two different methods are:
Setup 1: Secure your Apple TV with a VPN using a VPN-based router
- Visit the official website of your VPN service and login to your account (ExpressVPN is our recommended choice)
- At this point, download the manual OpenVPN configuration files for your preferred server location like the US
- Now, you have to remember your credentials such as username and password yourself because you will need to use them as and when required
- Go to your router’s admin panel to see the default address i.e. 192.168.1.1 on your screen
- Login with your router’s username and password
- Through Advanced Settings, click VPN
- Click the VPN Client tab, click Add Profile option
- Select the OpenVPN tab and enter the required details
- Description: Give any name to your VPN connection such as ExpressVPN
- Username: The username provided by your VPN service will be used here
- Password: The password given by your VPN provider will be used here
- Import .ovpn file: Find the OpenVPN file you have downloaded earlier, click upload
- Click OK, click Activate to enable the VPN connection to your router
Congratulations, a VPN service has been configured to your router successfully. At this point, you have to connect your Apple TV with your router. To connect your Apple TV with your router, follow these simple steps as mentioned below:
- Turn on your Apple TV device
- Go to Settings>General>Network>Configure Wi-Fi
- Select your Wi-Fi Network>Enter Password>Done!
This is how you can connect your Apple TV with your VPN-enabled router instantly.
Setup 2: Secure your Apple TV with a VPN using network sharing
Interestingly, you can secure your Apple TV via VPN through the network sharing option easily. In this situation, you will set up a VPN on your Apple TV through Ethernet, you will use your PC as a VPN router. Before installing a VPN on your Apple TV, you will download and install the VPN software on your desktop or laptop device.
If you want to use a VPN on your Apple TV using the network sharing option, follow these simple steps:
- You should connect your laptop to your Wi-Fi network, attach one end of the Ethernet/LAN cable to your desktop and the other end to your device
- Connect to a VPN service now and connect to a US server
- Go to your Control Panel, click Network and Sharing Center
- Click the Change Adapter Settings option, navigate to your Connection properties
- Click Allow other Network users to connect through this computer connection under the Sharing tab
- Choose the Home networking connection option from the menu
- This way, your Apple TV device will be connected to the internet through your computer with an Ethernet/LAN cable using the already installed and working VPN connection on the computer
Can you watch HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia using SmartDNS services?
Apart from a VPN service, you can also use a SmartDNS service to access HBO Max on your Apple TV in Australia. As far as the working of SmartDNS is concerned, it changes the DNS of your Apple TV when you try to access the region-blocked streaming services like HBO Max, and others.
Besides, your web traffic is re-routed via a dedicated proxy server located in the country in which your desired streaming service is based. This way, you can access HBO Max TV shows, movies, and other media content on Apple TV while residing in Australia instantly.
That said, smartDNS service is not a great online privacy option compared to a VPN service. This is because SmartDNS does not encrypt users’ crucial online data. Moreover, it does not change or hide the actual IP address of its users. It means SmartDNS does not provide the required level of anonymity to its users.
Best VPNs to Get HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia
As already explained, viewers have to rely on a VPN service when they want to unblock HBO Max on their preferred Apple TVs in Australia. For the sake of your convenience, we have curated a list of the best VPN services that enable you to access HBO Max on Apple TV in Australia as per your preferences.
These VPN services are:
1. ExpressVPN (Our top choice VPN to get HBO Max on Apple TV)
ExpressVPN is a BVI (British Virgin Islands) VPN service. The service provides 35+ servers in all the major cities in the US. These cities are Washington DC, Miami, Salt Lake City, New Jersey, New York, etc.
As a result, you can watch numerous TV shows or movies like His Dark Materials, House of Ho, Esme & Roy, Mare of Easttown, The Nevers, on Apple TV within Australian territory, Genera+ion, Joe Para Talks With You, etc.
If we talk about ExpressVPN performance security and privacy-wise, you can use network lock (internet kill switch), split tunneling, IP leak protection, 5 simultaneous connections, DNS leak protection, apps for all the famous operating systems and devices, WebRTC leak protection, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit military-grade encryption, etc.
If you want to use ExpressVPN on Apple TV in Australia, you can obtain its 12 months + 3 months free package by paying $6.67/month along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Surfshark (Cheapest VPN to Get HBO Max on Apple TV)
Surfshark is a BVI (British Virgin Islands) based VPN service like ExpressVPN. Moreover, the service offers a massive server spread consisting of 500+ servers in all the leading cities in the US.
These cities are Atlanta, Buffalo, New Jersey, New York, Miami, San Jose, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Los Angeles, etc. It means you can connect to your desired servers in Australia and watch a plethora of TV shows and movies like Succession, Barry, Expecting Amy, Classical Baby, Whitechapel, Ellen’s Next Great Designer, As You Like It, Midnight Run, Fantastic Planet, Beauty and the Beast, Boycott, etc.
As far as Surfshark privacy and security features are concerned, you can use internet kill switch, cleanweb, MultiHop, whitelister, OpenVPN protocol, 256-bit military-grade encryption, IP leak protection, unlimited simultaneous connections, WebRTC leak protection, DNS leak protection, apps for different platforms and devices, etc.
If you want to use Surfshark, you will need to pay $2.49/month alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. NordVPN (Highest Number of US servers)
NordVPN is a VPN service based in Panama. In terms of server spread, NordVPN provides 1900+ servers in all the major cities in the US. These cities include Atlanta, Buffalo, Miami, New Jersey, Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, etc.
As a result, you can connect to any server available in such cities and start streaming all your favorite shows, movies, and documentaries on Apple TV like The Outsider, The Bachelor, His Dark Materials, Adult Material, Death Note, Halfworlds, The Leftovers, The Package, As You Like It, The Dishwasher, Clerks, Nancy Drew, Pride and Prejudice, Whitechapel, The Human Face of Big Data, Man’s First Friend, Jackson, etc. without any difficulty.
On the security and privacy front, NordVPN provides numerous compelling features like internet kill switch, dedicated IP address, split tunneling, obfuscated servers, Onion over VPN, double VPN, 6 simultaneous connections, IP leak protection, DNS leak protection, apps for different devices, and platforms, etc.
If you want to use NordVPN, you will have to pay $3.71/month to get its 2-year subscription plan alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
HBO Max allows you to watch all your favorite TV shows, movies, and documentaries under one roof. However, you will have to use a premium VPN service to access HBO Max media content including top-notch shows and other video content on Apple TV within Australian territory.
If you don’t have enough greenbacks in your bank, you can opt for a free Australian VPN that works fine with HBO Max.
By doing so, you can watch His Dark Materials, Expecting Amy, The Leftovers, The Outsider, 1968, Expedition Europe, Long Live The Royals, The Bridge, State of Play, Final Space, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Bungo Stray Dogs, etc.
You May also be interested in: