How to Get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia [Easy Guide]
American Netflix is one of the most popular versions of Netflix across the globe that allow you to stream TV shows, movies, and documentaries based on various exciting genres under one roof.
That said, American Netflix in Australia is geo-restricted. Therefore, you will have to use a best Netflix VPN service to bypass the geo-limitation hassles imposed on the famous video-on-demand platform.
Read this guide thoroughly to discover how you can get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia without any problem.
How to Get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
In case you want to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia, follow these simple steps as described below:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN (our preferred choice)
- Set it up on your Smart TV through a VPN router or you can install a VPN service on your Windows device and share it with your Smart TV using an ethernet cable
- Launch the VPN app and connect to any US server of your choice to access US Netflix in Australia
- Through your Smart TV, launch the US Netflix app and sign-in
- Once you sign in, you can start watching American Netflix shows or movies instantly
Setting up a VPN on Smart TV
As you might know, VPN services do not provide native apps for Smart TVs. Therefore, you will need to set up a VPN service on your Smart TV manually. For that reason, you can set up a VPN on your router and then share it with your Smart TV.
Option #1: Configure the VPN on your router and then extend it to your Smart TV
If you wish to install a VPN service on your router, go to settings>network>set up internet connection>use Wi-Fi> easy>preferred network name. At this point, you must enter the password to successfully establish the connection. Likewise, your Wi-Fi connection should be compatible with your VPN service.
If this is not the case, you cannot install a VPN service on your router. If you are not willing to manually set up a VPN service on your router, you can buy a VPN-enabled router depending on your budget.
Option #2: Configure the VPN on your Windows PC and then share it with your Smart TV
You can configure a VPN service on your Windows computer and then share it with your Smart TV accordingly. Here are some simple steps you can follow to set up a VPN service on your Windows computer:
- Install the VPN provider on your computer (ExpressVPN is our preferred choice)
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your device, login to your account, and connect to the US server from the servers’ list
- Using the Windows search bar, you can write control panel and press enter
- At this point, you should choose network and internet>network and sharing center>change adapter settings
- Now search for the ExpressVPN adapter, once you find it then you can right-click on it and select properties
- You should navigate to the Sharing tab and check ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’, press OK
- Click on ‘select’, a private network connection drop-down
- Select your Smart TV ethernet connection and press the Smart TV button, click OK
- Choose ‘test network connection’ to see if the VPN service is connected or not
- At this point, you can open the US Netflix app on your Smart TV and start watching various shows or films
Why do you need a VPN to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
A VPN allows you to browse the internet securely by masking your actual IP address through an alternate IP address. Moreover, you can access numerous geo-blocked services or platforms without any issue. For instance, you can use a VPN service in Australia that offers a US IP address.
Why do we recommend ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is a BVI (British Virgin Islands) based VPN service that offers 3000+ servers in 90+ countries globally. It means you can easily unblock US Netflix on your Smart TV within Australian territory by connecting to its US servers.
If you want to use ExpressVPN, you can get its 12 months + 3 months free package by paying AU$9.53/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other VPNs for watching American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia
Interestingly, you can rely on VPN providers other than ExpressVPN to access US Netflix on Smart TV while residing in Australia. These VPNs include:
Surfshark is another VPN service you can use to unblock US Netflix on Smart TV in Australia. Once you connect to any of its US servers, you can access American Netflix media content on Smart TV hassle-free.
Furthermore, the service mainly operates from the BVI (British Virgin Islands) and exists in 65 countries via 3200+ servers across the globe.
If you wish to use Surfshark, you will pay AU$3.56/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) to get its 2-year + 2 months free package alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN provides 5000+ servers in 55+ countries worldwide and primarily operates from Panama. You can connect to its US servers while residing in Australia and instantly access US Netflix on Smart TV.
If you wish to use NordVPN, you should subscribe to its 2-year plan at the cost of AU$4.99/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) along with a 30-day refund policy.
How can I get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia?
Can I watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia without a VPN?
Through our exclusive guide, you can easily get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia. Hence, you can watch some of the most famous shows and movies of all time like The Witcher, Lost in Space, Breaking Bad, Squid Game, Red Notice, 1922, The Guilty, etc.
You can also go through these below-mentioned guides: