How To Watch Sling TV In Australia (Ultimate Guide – 2023)
Can you get Sling TV in Australia?
Yes! You can get Sling TV in Australia through a VPN service like ExpressVPN. A VPN will swap your Australian IP address with the US. Thus, you can access Sling TV media content hassle-free.
Sling TV is one of the best cord-cutter streaming services that allow users to switch from traditional cable to the all-streaming-all-the-time model. In addition, this cable TV alternative gives access to popular channels like you can watch Univision and Bravo TV in Australia, as well as can get CNN through satellite TV services.
You can also get premium channels like Starz, HBO, Showtime, and others by paying an additional amount to enjoy famous TV shows like Modern Family, The Office, Doctor Who, etc.
But here comes the actual tension does Sling TV work in Australia? Being an American streaming service, Sling TV’s live coverage is blocked in Australia. However, there is an easy way to get around this restriction.
All you have to do is sign up for the best VPN for Sling TV Australia. So, read this detailed guide to learn how to watch Sling TV in Australia with a VPN!
How to Watch Sling TV in Australia Via VPN? – Quick Guide
Is Sling TV available internationally? No Sling TV is only available in the US region because of geo-restricted policies but to access Sling TV in Australia without any interruptions you will need VPN, following are the quick steps to unblock Sling TV while staying in Australia:
- First, sign up for a VPN service. ExpressVPN is our top recommendation because of its reliability.
- Download the VPN app on your devices (Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS)
- Login to your ExpressVPN account and connect to a US server from the list of servers. (We suggest the New York server).
- Open the official website or Sling TV app.
- Sign up to watch Sling TV from Australia!
Note: After successfully unblocking you can sign up for Sling TV in Australia.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Sling TV in Australia?
How do you trick a Sling TV location? You need a VPN to trick its location because Sling TV access is restricted in Australia due to content distribution and copyright policies. When you visit its website, the following error message pop up on your screen:
“WE’RE SORRY”. SLING TV IS ONLY AVAILABLE INSIDE THE US. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.”
A VPN creates a virtual tunnel on the internet to mask Australian IP and route your internet traffic through the US when you connect to a US server. Hence, you can access Sling TV without any errors.
Likewise, you can use a VPN service to access American Netflix and Amazon Prime in Australia without exposing your actual whereabouts online. Moreover, premium VPN services also come with a great mix of security and privacy features that take your online privacy to the next level.
How do I Sign Up for Sling TV in Australia?
How do I access my Sling account? To stream your favorite US channels with Sling TV Australia, you need to get a Sling TV subscription first. Just make sure to connect to a VPN service. Follow the steps outlined below for quick registration:
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your device and connect to the New York server.
- Next, launch the SlingTV website or app and click on the “Try it now” option.
- Now, register your account by entering your email id and password and hit the “Continue” tab from below.
- Choose the SlingTV package that is right for you and click on the “Check Out” option.
- “Finally, add your payment information and click on the “Finish and submit” option.
Note: Your Sling TV free trial will automatically renew after a free trial of 7 days, and Sling TV charges half of the selected plan price in the first month.
How Do I Pay for Sling TV in Australia?
How do you pay for Sling? Though you need US payment methods to pay for Sling TV in Australia, these two reliable methods help you to get Sling TV Australia without using a US payment method.
- Get PayPal Gift Card
- Use American Virtual Prepaid Card
Can you Pay for Sling TV with a Gift Card?
Yes. Purchasing a PayPal gift card will help you get a Sling TV subscription in Australia. You can pay for Sling TV by redeeming your gift card on its official website.
- Purchase a PayPal gift card from the PayPal US Gift Card Store.
- You will receive the corresponding code in the email address used for PayPal.
- Open ExpressVPN (the Sling TV VPN) and connect to the server in the US.
- Visit the Sling TV app on your device.
- Select the Redeem eGift Card option.
- Enter your gift card details to pay for the purchase.
- You should be able to get any channel of your choice from the menu.
Can you Use US Virtual Prepaid Card to get Sling TV?
Alternatively, you use US virtual prepaid card to pay for Sling TV from Australia if you don’t have a US PayPal account. Here is what you need to do:
- Visit statespay.com and select Sign-up.
- Enter the required details to create your account.
- Once the bank account is created, you can use your Visa and MasterCard to transfer money.
- Connect to the USA server via ExpressVPN.
- Now, open the Sling TV app or website and get its subscription with the US virtual prepaid credit card.
Which VPNs Work Best to Watch Sling TV in Australia?
Many VPN services are available on the market, but not all of them will work for Sling TV. Our team has tested 50+ VPN services and picked out the three best-performing VPNs that can help you watch Sling TV Australia without any disruption.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN to Watch Sling TV
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs because of its optimized streaming servers and unlimited bandwidth. It recorded a blazing-fast speed of 89.42 Mbps download and 84.64 Mbps upload.
The provider offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries worldwide and 23+ US servers in 14 locations. Among them, New York and Washington, DC servers are handy to bypass the geo-block of Sling TV Australia. However, Phoenix and Miami servers are the slowest ones, so they should be avoided.
Besides Sling TV, ExpressVPN is recommended to access PBS in Australia.
We conducted a speed test by connecting to the New York server. It shows ExpressVPN clock around 89.42 Mbps download and 84.64 Mbps upload speed which unblocks ITV Hub promptly.
It is compatible with all popular streaming devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. Another best feature of ExpressVPN is Media Streamer DNS. It lets you watch Sling TV on Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, and Smart TVs.
The customer support team of ExpressVPN is super friendly and available 24/7 via live chat and email. ExpressVPN uses military-grade 256-bit encryption and Trusted Server Technology to protect your online information. In addition, its audited no-log policy ensures no records of user activities are kept.
Because of all these amazing features, it is also considered one of the best VPNs for Netflix.
If you want to use ExpressVPN, you can “subscribe” to its 12 months + 3 months free plan by paying AU$ 10.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) along with a 30-day refund policy. In addition, you can connect five devices simultaneously with a single account.
In case you want more details about this provider, make sure to go through the ExpressVPN review.
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
- Works with Sling TV and other US streaming services
- Optimized servers for uninterrupted streaming
- Top-notch security protocols
- Impressive device compatibility
- Works on five devices only at one time
Servers to avoid: Miami and Phoenix
2. Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch Sling TV
Surfshark is recommended for its pocket-friendly pricing and excellent unblocking capabilities. It allows unlimited logins with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee for just AU$ 3.81/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) .
You’ll have 600+ servers in 23+ US cities. As a result, you will not face any issues while connecting to your desired US servers to access Sling TV Australia.
Surfshark has a network of 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. These servers deliver an impressive streaming experience. So, watch your favorite content on Stan outside Australia, and TVNZ in Australia without any buffering issues.
New York, Los Angles, and Seattle are the best Surfshark servers for streaming Sling TV, whereas the Buffalo server is found to be the slowest.
On a 100 Mbps connection base, we had a download speed of 86.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.42 Mbps which let you stream Freeform in Australia promptly.
Surfshark also comes with some advanced security measures. These include a no-logs policy, AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, private DNS, and IP leak protection. Such security features let you stream Disney Plus outside Australia without any turbulence.
Regarding device compatibility, apps are available for Android, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Windows.
Pros and Cons of Surfshark
- Budget-friendly VPN to access Sling TV and other restricted streaming platforms
- Verified no log policy
- Money back guarantee of 30 days
- Poor Customer Support Service
Servers to avoid: Buffalo
3. NordVPN: User-Friendly VPN to Watch Sling TV
NordVPN is a user-friendly VPN as its interface is so simple that you can easily switch between local and international servers. It offers the best deals on the 2-year plan for just AU$ 5.34/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) . You can use NordVPN on all standard streaming devices and even routers. The easy-to-use apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. However, it supports six devices simultaneously.
With its 1970+ dedicated server, you can connect to the US and instantly access Sling TV while in Australia. The Atlanta, Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, and Dallas servers of NordVPN are recommended. On the other hand, the Miami server takes too long to connect; therefore, it should be avoided!
We recorded a download speed of 86.18Mbps on the US-Denver server, while the NordVPN’s speed was 42.13 Mbps, which is quite good for streaming in HD.
NordVPN has the largest networks out there, with over 5500+ servers in 60+ countries. Backed by split tunneling, AES 256-bit encryption, NordLynx, and a kill switch, the VPN is the best choice to securely get 9now outside Australia or watch Telemundo in Australia.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
- 1970+ US servers to unblock and watch Sling TV from Australia
- Unlimited bandwidth for buffer-free streaming
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS device
- Glitchy apps
- No support for router
Servers to avoid: Tampa and Kansas City
What Devices are Compatible with Sling TV?
What device works with Sling? Sling TV is compatible with an extensive list of devices. You can easily stream Sling TV on multiple devices, including:
- Amazon Fire TV/Firestick
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iPhone /iPad (4.0 and up)
- Android Phone/Tablet/TV
- Windows and Mac
- Xbox One
- Smart TV (LG, Samsung, Sony, and VIZIO)
- Safari browser
- Xfinity X1
How to Get Sling TV on iPhone/iPad?
Can I watch Sling TV on my iPhone? Yes you can get Sling TV app on your iPhone or iPad by following these easy steps:
- Download the ExpressVPN app to your iOS device.
- Connect to a US server from the server list.
- Create a new Apple ID with a US zip code/address.
- Once your US Apple ID is created, go to the App Store and search for Sling TV.
- Press Get to install the app on your device.
- Sign in to your Sling TV account and stream your favorite channels on your iOS device.
How to Get Sling TV on Android (Smartphone, Tablets, & Smart TV)?
Does Sling TV work on Android? Yes it does and to get the Sling TV app on your android devices, simply follow the below steps:
- Install the ExpressVPN android app.
- Choose a US server and connect to it.
- Go to your Google Account. Your name and country will be displayed.
- Change the country from Australia to the US and enter all the required information.
- After changing the Google country to the USA, return to the home screen and open the Google Play store.
- Search for and download the Sling TV app.
- Log in to watch Sling TV on an android device.
How to Get Sling TV on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Is Sling available on Amazon Fire Stick? Yes it is but like Android and iOS, you must change your Amazon region to the US to get the Sling TV app on Firestick/Fire TV.
- Sign in to your Amazon account and move to the Accounts & Lists option.
- Click Content & Devices.
- Next, select Settings > Country/Region > Change.
- Enter all the required information and US address and click Update.
- Launch your Firestick/Fire TV and sign in with the same account.
- Then visit the App Store and download the Sling TV app.
- You can now watch Sling TV on Firestick/FireTV in Australia.
How to Get Sling TV on TV (Roku, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV & Vizio Smart TV)?
How do I watch Sling TV on my TV? You need to use the VPN Smart DNS feature to get Sling TV on these devices. Because these devices do not support VPN. Here are the steps for your guide:
- Subscribe to a VPN service that offers smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find a smart DNS address on your VPN.
- Press the Wi-Fi button and select a network.
- Then select Manual configuration to start DNS configuration.
- Enter your DNS address to connect your device to a server in the US and reboot.
- Click the download tab to install the Sling TV app.
- Bingo! Enjoy your favorite Sling TV shows.
What to Watch on Sling TV in Australia?
Depending on where you are, Sling TV gives you access to the majority of local US networks, such as Univision, ESPN, Disney Channel, etc. By paying an additional fee, you may also get premium Sling TV channels in Australia like Starz, HBO, Showtime, and others.
What Shows Can You Watch on Sling TV? – January 2023
After subscribing to Sling TV, you must be curious about what are the best shows on Sling? So, here are the best shows on Sling TV that you should catch in January 2023:
|To be Decided||
What Movies can you Watch on Sling TV? – January 2023
Check out our below list of best movies to watch on Sling TV in January 2023 if you’re interested in what movies are on Sling TV?
- Mainstream (2020)
- The Djinn (2021)
- The Upside (2017)
- Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)
- Host (2020)
- The Humans (2021)
- Candyman (2021)
- The Shape Of Water (2017)
- The Fifth Wave (2016)
- Midsommar (2019)
- Flag Day (2021)
- Land Of The Lost (2009)
- Gone Girl (2014)
- Kingsman (2014)
- Sonic the Hedgehog-2 (2020)
- Snake Eyes (2021)
- San Andreas (2015)
- The War with Grandpa (2020)
- Respect (2021)
- The Mauritanian (2021)
What Sports Events can you Watch on Sling TV – January 2023
Does Sling TV have live sports? Yes it does and the famous sports events you can watch on Sling TV in January 2023 and onwards are:
|NFL Football||January 14-16|
|NBA Basketball||January 22|
|NHL Hockey||January 22|
|Men’s College Basketball||January 13|
|Women’s College Basketball||January 13|
|PGA Golf||January 28|
|Tennis: Australian Open||January 16-29|
|Premier League Soccer||January 13-22|
|International Soccer Matches||January 11-14|
|Weekly Pro Wrestling||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Combat Sports||January 18-25|
How Much Does Sling TV Cost?
Once your Sling TV free trial is over, you’re entitled to a half payment in the first month. Wondering how much is Sling TV a month? Sling TV cost in Australia depends on the subscription plan you’ve selected.
Blue and Sling Orange are the basic plans but have different channel lineups.
What is the Sling TV Blue Package?
What channels are in the Sling Blue package? Sling Blue carries 41 channels, mostly related to sports and news. These channels are:
|BBC America||BET||Bloomberg Television|
|Cartoon Network||Comedy Central||Comet|
|Discovery Channel*||E!*||Epix Drive-In|
|Food Network||Fox* (select markets)||Fox News*|
|Fox Sports 1*||Fuse||FX*|
|Local Now||MSNBC*||NBC* (select markets)|
|NFL Network*||National Geographic*||Nick Jr.|
Blue plan, however, does not have all of the channels that Orange plan has. ESPN and Disney Channel, for instance, are not included in the Blue plan.
However, with the Sling TV Blue subscription, you can stream content on up to three devices at once, in contrast to the Orange plan. Additionally, NBC stations, SyFy, and Bravo are accessible to Sling TV Blue subscribers.
What does Sling TV Blue cost? Sling TV Blue cost up to AUD 59.15 (US $40)/month
What is the Sling TV Orange Package?
How many channels does Sling Orange have? Sling Orange is a complete package of entertainment and family-oriented shows with 31 channels, including:
|BBC America||BET||Bloomberg Television|
|Comedy Central||Comet||Disney Channel*|
|Local Now||MotorTrend*||Nick Jr.|
How much is Sling TV Orange per month? The Orange Sling TV plan used to be the most cheap option. The price is now AUD 59.15 (US $40)/month. You can only stream one channel at a time with Sling Orange.
On the other hand, Sling TV Orange + Blue is a combo plan with an attractive discount, costing only AUD 72.05 (US $50)/mo.
With the combined channel pack (Orange + Blue), you get all the Sling TV channels offered by Blue and Orange and stream them on four devices. This combo package is perfect for families with different tastes, giving you entertainment, news, and sports channels. Then you don’t have to worry about losing anything.
Is Sling Blue or Orange better?
It all depends on your preferences. Blue may be better if you are into sports and news streaming, as it has these channels. In addition, this package allows you to access 41 live Sling TV channels, including NBC and Fox. In contrast, Orange is a better pick for family and entertainment programs.
Sling Blue supports three simultaneous streams, compared to one on Sling Orange. Both packages offer a free DVR of 50 hours to record your favorite shows for offline streaming.
You can also easily cancel Sling TV in Australia by going to the website or App incase you change your mind. Make sure you are carrying out this action using the account holder’s profile.
What is the Downside of Sling TV?
- Pricing is significantly cheaper than others.
- Compatible with all major streaming devices.
- Provides Frequent promotional deals with free streaming devices.
- Have only partial access to local channels.
- Confusing channel packages.
- Need add-on packages for channels that are in basic packages of some other services.
Other Streaming Platforms to Watch in Australia
|Cartoon Network in Australia||ViuTV in Australia|
Is it Legal to Stream Sling TV with a VPN?
Can I use a free VPN to stream Sling TV?
Does Sling charge to switch from blue to orange?
How many users can stream Sling TV simultaneously?
What channels are on Sling blue package?
Sling TV is an affordable streaming service that you can use to watch your favorite channels, like NBC, Fox, National Geographic, Bravo, and more. However, as it also follows the geo-restriction concept and is unavailable in Australia, we hope this guide has helped clarify how to watch Sling TV in Australia.
So sign up for a VPN and subscribe to Sling TV to enjoy content from US channels in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN for its super-fast connection speeds and reliable customer service.