How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia in May 2023
Is YouTube TV available in Australia? Unfortunately, no. YouTube TV is not available in Australia due to geo-restrictions and licensing issues. However, with a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN, you can easily watch YouTube TV in Australia with no problems.
YouTube TV is a subscription-based American streaming service that offers Live and On Demand content in Spanish and English language. It includes content from 100+ live channels i.e. NBC, FOX, TNT, AMC, MTV, Comedy Central, CNN, ABC, ESPN, ABC, and many others. You can watch amazing titles like Ultimate Japan, The Simpsons, Succession, and more.
However, viewers in Australia cannot stream on the platform because of geo-restrictions. But that shouldn’t be a problem if you’re using the best YouTube TV VPN. Once you’re connected to a US server, you can easily stream YouTube TV in Australia without any hassles.
Now, without any further ado, let’s get started on how to get YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN in May 2023 [Quick Steps]
Getting YouTube TV is easy and here’s how you can get YouTube TV Australia channel by just following these five easy steps, your all doubt will be clear about does YouTube TV work with VPN.
- Subscribe to a VPN service (ExpressVPN is our top choice).
- Download and open the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to the US server (preferably the Phoenix).
- Disable the location tracking services on your device.
- Launch the YouTube TV login page and enter your credentials and start watching YouTube in Australia.
Check the guide if you need to know how to sign up for YouTube TV from Australia.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a subscription-based streaming television service offered by YouTube, which is a subsidiary of Google. It provides access to a wide range of live TV channels, similar to traditional cable or satellite television providers, but delivered over the Internet.
With YouTube TV, subscribers can watch live TV from various networks, including major broadcast networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, as well as popular cable networks such as ESPN, CNN, TBS, AMC, and many others.
It also offers sports channels, news channels, entertainment channels, and regional sports networks, depending on the availability in the subscriber’s area.
Why Do You Need A VPN To Watch YouTube TV in Australia?
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia because YouTube TV is a US-based streaming platform and only streams its content to US citizens. Since it is unavailable in Australia, a VPN with US server is required to circumvent the YouTube TV geo-restrictions in the region.
When you visit the YouTube TV website in Australia without a VPN, you will see the following error on your screens:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.”
Here comes the need for a Virtual Private Network to alter your current Australian IP location to a US location. This way, you can open the gates of YouTube TV content while residing in the Australian region. You can easily bypass YouTube TV location restrictions with the premium VPNs we suggested in this blog.
Not just YouTube TV but can also access Crackle and can get Popcornflix in Australia as well.
How to Sign Up for YouTube TV in Australia?
Can I sign up for YouTube TV without a Google Account? No, because without having a Google Account you won’t be able to use YouTube TV by just paying YouTube TV price. Also, YouTube TV only accepts a US payment method.
You can sign up for YouTube TV from Australia by using any of the following methods:
Method 1: Create a YouTube TV Account in Australia Using your US Debit/Credit Card or PayPal
Setting up a YouTube TV Australia account won’t be a problem if you already have a registered US debit/credit card or PayPal. Just follow the below steps:
- First, launch the ExpressVPN app and connect to the US Phoenix server.
- Then, head over to tv.youtube.com and click “Try It Free.
- You’ll be prompted to provide a US zip code. You can use the same zip code as the one linked to your payment method, or you can search for a new zip code on Google.
- Next, review and confirm your base plan and click CHECKOUT.
- Finally, add your billing details, and—voila—your YouTube TV account is ready.
Method 2: Create a YouTube TV Account in Australia Using your Friend’s Credit/Debit Card
If you have a friend or a relative who lives in the US, you can request their credit card details and use the details to sign up for YouTube TV from Australia. The process will be the same as described in method (i); only the billing details will change.
Are you thinking how do I stream YouTube TV by creating an account in Australia using a gift card? Head over to the next section for all the details!
Method 3: Create a YouTube TV Account in Australia Using a Gift Card
You can also sign up for YouTube TV from Australia using a digital YouTube TV gift card. These gift vouchers are available on the Amazon store and can be purchased with a US credit/debit card. Once you’ve purchased a YouTube TV gift card, you can redeem it on youtube.com/redeem and activate your YouTube TV subscription from Australia.
You can request your US friend to get you a YouTube TV gift card or hire someone from Fiverr to buy it. I’ve found a few sellers you can contact to get the job done at reasonable rates.
Which VPNs Work Best with YouTube TV in Australia (2023 Tested)
Luckily for you, my team and I’ve tested over seventy VPN providers and successfully found the best 3 VPNs for watching YouTube TV from Australia. So, without any further ado, let’s look at the top three VPNs to watch YouTube TV Australia:
1) ExpressVPN: Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
ExpressVPN is our top recommended service for streaming YouTube TV Australia. It is the best YouTube TV VPN that offers the fastest speed of 86.49 Mbps download and 79.42 Mbps upload to watch YouTube TV channels without any buffering.
It’s British Virgin Island-based VPN operating 3000+ servers in 94+ countries worldwide. ExpressVPN has 25 server locations in the USA. You can also watch other major streaming services like Voot, American Netflix, and Peacock TV in Australia by connecting to these servers.
With ExpressVPN, security is never an issue. The company uses the all-powerful tunneling protocol to transmit your data safely over the internet. Traffic encryption is achieved through AES 256-bit encryption.
ExpressVPN offers complete protection against IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, ensuring your anonymity while you are online. In addition, it doesn’t keep any logs of your online activities and supports up to five simultaneous logins on a single account.
We also conducted a speed test on US servers to watch YouTube TV Australia, and they managed to provide a fast download speed of 86.49 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. However, the Miami server was a bit slow, so it should be avoided.
You can install the app and use it on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. It also offers compatibility for smart TVs, Apple TVs, Fire TV, routers, and gaming consoles, through Smart DNS (Media Streamer).
Because of all these amazing features, it is also considered one of the best VPNs for Netflix too.
ExpressVPN is available at the price of AU$10.3/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try out the service for one full month for free.
In case you want more details about this provider, make sure to go through the ExpressVPN review.
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
- Fast server for uninterrupted streaming
- Excellent security features
- Impressive device support
- Stable connections
- Slightly more expensive than the competitors
2) Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
Surfshark is one of the most highly affordable VPN providers in the market. You can get its 2-year + 2 free months plan at AU$3.85/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) only. Moreover, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It operates with around 3200+ servers in 65+ countries worldwide with 600+ servers in 23+ USA cities. It is known for its well-designed desktop and mobile apps and is one of the few VPNs that work impressively with Disney Plus.
Surfshark uses OpenVPN, IKEv2, IPsec, and exceptional tunneling protocols to secure your online traffic. Data is encrypted with the help of AES-256-GCM keys. In addition, an advanced in-built ad blocker keeps you safe from malware attacks.
The service protects your internet traffic against IP, DNS, and Web RTC leaks. In addition, it maintains a strict no-logs policy. It allows unlimited simultaneous connections, which is amazing for streaming YouTube TV and other online VODs like Sky Sports in Australia.
Our speed test result for Surfshark’s US servers provided us with a fast download speed of 86.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. The speed is more than enough for streaming Popcornflix, HBO Max, and unblocking RTE Player in Australia too.
You can use and install Surfshark on your Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, or iOS devices. It also supports web browsers, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
Pros and Cons of Surfshark
- Easy to set up
- Offers strong device support, one subscription for unlimited connections
- Verified No logs Policy
- IP leak protection and watertight security.
- Slower streaming speed on the weekend
- Weak presence on social media
3) NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
NordVPN is the largest server network that operates with more than 5500+ servers in 60+ countries worldwide.
Thinking, does NordVPN work with YouTube TV? The NordVPN YouTube TV combo is the best and the 1970+ servers in the US allow you to watch YouTube TV while in Australia easily. You can also unblock other popular VoDs like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, and more. It is a 100% no-log VPN service available only at AU$ 5.39/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It offers a rich selection of tunneling protocols to secure your web traffic. Its streaming features also include Double VPN and 24/7 customer support. For data encryption, the service uses AES 256 cipher keys.
NordVPN provides full-proof DNS and Web RTC leak protection. It has an automatic kill switch. You can get up to six simultaneous logins on a single account.
Our speed test result for NordVPN servers provided an impressive 85.49 Mbps download speed, and 44.42 Mbps upload speed on a 100 Mbps connection. This amazing speed will also help you to stream G4 TV and get Great American Family channel in Australia.
The service offers apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Kindle, Amazon Fire TV, Kodi, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Hence you can unblock Rakuten TV and watch Channel 4 in Australia on your preferred device with NordVPN.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
- Excellent customer service
- Greater number of US servers
- Supports up to six simultaneous connections
- DoubleVPN protocol with AES-256-bit encryption.
- Servers lack stability
How to Choose the Best VPN to Access YouTube TV in Australia?
Finding the best one among 100+ VPNs is a very difficult task. In order to assist you, we’ve mentioned below a few characteristics to check for in a VPN before purchasing:
- Provides fast and dedicated streaming servers as well as amazing unblocking capabilities for YouTube TV, HBO Max, Peacock TV, ESPN Plus, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, and more services.
- Supports all popular devices, including Windows, Mac, Apple TV, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Smart TV, iOS, and Android.
- Provides a seamless experience even with slow internet speeds, with no buffering or poor video quality concerns.
- Allows for at least 5 simultaneous connections per account to stream on several devices at the same time.
- To keep users anonymous and secure from cyberattacks, it offers robust security mechanisms such as high-grade military-grade encryption and IP and DNS leak prevention.
- Provides live chat service 24/7, and at least a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in Australia?
How much is YouTube TV monthly? YouTube TV Australia price is 97.08 AUD ($64.99 a month) per month. You can also get a YouTube TV free trial in Australia because it comes with a 7-day free trial and gives you access to 100+ channels with your subscription cost.
You can also include different add-ons with your base plan at the subscription time. Also, the YouTube TV Premium 3-month trial Australia allows you to pay only AU$ 82.19/mo (US$ 54.99/mo) instead of paying the full AU$ 97.08 (US$64.99) per month.
And for those who want to know how much is YouTube Premium cost in Australia to enjoy ad-free content on regular YouTube. It costs around AU$ 22.41 (US$14.99) per month.
What Channels are on YouTube TV?
Here are the channels for YouTube TV:
|Fox Soccer Plus||Golf Channel||MTV||National Geographic|
|Olympics Channel||The CW||BBC||BET|
|MyNetworkTV||Newsy||Smithsonian Channel||Travel Channel|
|Cartoon Network||Cozi TV||Comedy Central MTV||Disney|
|SundanceTV||Universal Kids||E!||ESPN 2|
|BBC World News||ESPN U||ESPNEWS||NECN|
What to Watch on YouTube TV in 2023?
From sports to news to the latest TV shows and blockbuster movies, YouTube TV provides everything you need to wean yourself off cable across its diverse channel lineup.
What are the Best Shows on YouTube TV in 2023?
What shows does YouTube TV have? Following is the list of the best shows on YouTube TV that you can watch in Australia:
- Rick and Morty
- The Simpsons
- Cobra Kai
- Top Chef Season 20
- Party Down Season 3
- Best Shot
- Friday Night In with The Morgans
- Bullet Train
- Abominable And The Invisible City
What are the Best Movies on YouTube TV in 2023?
What movies do they have on YouTube TV? Following is the list of the best movies on YouTube TV that you can watch in Australia:
- My Cousin Vinny
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Once Upon a Time in America
- The Sisters Brothers
- Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood
- Patients of a Saint
What’s New On YouTube TV in May 2023?
Here are the new titles on YouTube TV in May 2023:
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Grill
- Vanderpump Rules
- PWBA Bowling
- Diff’rent Strokes
- Big City Greens
Which Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV?
Does YouTube TV work on all devices? Users can watch YouTube TV on up to three devices at the same time: It is compatible with
How to watch YouTube TV on Android in Australia?
Is YouTube TV available on Android? Yes it is just follow these steps to know to get YouTube TV on your Android devices:
- Subscribe and download a trustworthy VPN. (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Launch the app and connect to a US server (Recommended – New York server).
- Create a new Gmail account with your region set as the United States and log in.
- Open Google Play Store and search for the YouTube TV app.
- Install the app and select Try it Free.
- Enter your YouTube TV login credentials and enjoy YouTube TV on your Android device.
Are you thinking how do I access YouTube TV in Australia on an iOS device? Head over to the next section for the step-by-step guidelines.
Can I Use YouTube TV in Australia on iOS?
Does YouTube TV work on iOS? Yes it does and here’s how you can watch YouTube TV on any of your iOS devices:
- Subscribe and download a trustworthy VPN. (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Launch the app and connect to a US server (Recommended – New York server).
- Go to Settings –> Apple ID.
- Go to Media & Purchases, and change your region to the United States.
- Go to the App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign up for it, and enjoy YouTube TV Australia!
How Do You Get the YouTube TV on PC in Australia?
Here are the quick steps to get YouTube TV Australia on Laptop/PC:
- Connect to the US server (Recommended – New York server) using a reliable VPN. (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Now make sure your location is off.
- Log in and start streaming in Australia.
- Head to the web browser and launch YouTube TV.
Does YouTube TV work with VPN on Firestick in Australia?
Here is how you can watch YouTube TV on Amazon Firestick:
- Log in to your current Amazon account on the page.
- Now choose “Accounts & Lists,” followed by “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Change your region from Australia to the United States.
- Connect your Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Sign out or deregister your account, then sign back in.
- Download the YouTube TV app and the VPN application from the App Store now.
- Connect to the USA server (Recommended – New York server) using the VPN software.
- Sign in to the YouTube TV app and begin streaming.
How to get YouTube TV in Australia on other streaming devices like Roku, Xbox, Playstation, etc.?
Accessing YouTube TV Australia on devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, and Samsung Smart TV is a little more complicated because they do not natively support VPN software.
Hence, if you want to watch YouTube TV on any of these streaming devices, you have two options: set up a Smart DNS on one of these devices or directly set it up on your home router with the USA as your location. And this is something we do not suggest to our users, particularly those who are unfamiliar with smart DNS and VPN settings on home routers.
As a result of all of this, we discovered two simple ways to watch YouTube TV on the big screen while living in Australia.
- To begin, you may use Google Chromecast to transmit YouTube TV to a large screen in Australia.
- Second, we recommend purchasing an Amazon Firestick device to stream YouTube TV on a larger screen because it natively supports VPN programmes.
Other Streaming Services in Australia:
Bypass as many services as you want using ExpressVPN while in Australia. Enjoy streaming geo-restricted content in Australia:
|Watch French TV in Australia||Watch Euphoria in Australia|
|Watch CBS in Australia||Watch ITV (ITVX) in Australia|
|Watch American Amazon Prime Video in Australia||Watch BT Sport In Australia|
|Watch Chernobyl in Australia||–|
Is it possible to watch YouTube TV using free VPNs?
In what countries is YouTube TV available?
Is it Legal to Stream YouTube TV with a VPN?
Is there a difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
On the contrary, YouTube TV is a premium live TV and video-on-demand streaming service that enable users to watch 80+ channels live on different devices like Windows, Android, Smart TV, Apple TV, etc.
Why is YouTube TV not available in Australia?
Why does YouTube TV have commercials?
Are there any discounts for YouTube TV?
How much is YouTube TV a month in Australia?
How many people can watch YouTube TV at once?
Is ESPN on YouTube TV?
Can you record shows on YouTube TV?
- Launch YouTube TV and sign in with your credentials.
- Choose the program you want to record.
- Click on the “+” icon next to the show.
- Start recording to watch your favorite shows later.
How much is YouTube TV a month?
When will YouTube TV be available in Australia?
Can you stream international channels with YouTube TV?
That’s it! YouTube TV Australia content is worth watching. This American streaming service allows you to watch many TV channels, movies, shows, documentaries, and other exclusive media content.
Though it is blocked in Australia, and if you’re waiting, when will YouTube TV be available in Australia? Unfortunately, the streaming service has no plans to expand its services outside the US.
However, this guide provides the best alternative to unblock YouTube TV in Australia. By using ExpressVPN, you can access 100+ US channels with YouTube in Australia. Or if you ever feel that it did not live up to your expectation, you can easily cancel YouTube TV subscription as there is no lock-in contract. Happy Streaming!