The Best VPNs for Disney Plus [Tested 2022]
Disney Plus is a popular video-on-demand streaming service like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. That said, you cannot access its media coverage in unsupported countries. Hence, you will need to use a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction hassles imposed on the famous streaming platform.
Read this guide thoroughly to know about the best VPNs for Disney Plus in detail.
TLDR: Best Disney Plus VPNs
For the sake of your convenience, we have created a list of the best VPN services that will help you to unblock Disney Plus on a wide range of devices. Here is the list that includes:
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Disney+ overall, provides 3000+ servers, and is available at the cost of AU$10.05/mo (US$ 6.67/mo)
- Surfshark: Another impressive VPN for Disney Plus, offers 3200+ servers and is available at the cost of AU$3.75/mo (US$ 2.49/mo)
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney Plus, offers 5000+ servers and is available at the cost of AU$5.26/mo (US$ 3.49/mo)
- CyberGhost: Reliable VPN for Disney Plus, provides 7000+ servers and is available at the cost of AU$3.45/mo (US$ 2.29/mo)
- Private Internet Access: User-friendly VPN for Disney Plus, offers 29000+ servers and is available at the cost of AU$3.3/mo (US$ 2.19/mo)
Why do you need a VPN to Get Disney Plus?
A VPN masks your actual IP address through an alternate IP address. By doing so, you can surf the web securely. Moreover, you can stream various video-on-demand services that are geo-blocked and cannot be accessed outside their respective countries.
As far as Disney Plus is concerned, the popular online streaming service is only available in a limited number of countries like the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, India, etc. Therefore, you will rely on a VPN service to access the media content of a leading streaming platform in unsupported countries.
Once you get the IP addresses of countries where Disney Plus is available through a VPN service, you can easily unblock the service without any issue. Otherwise, you will see Disney Plus not working error on your screens if you try to access the service in unsupported countries without a VPN.
How to choose the best VPN service for Disney Plus?
When it comes to selecting a reliable yet user-friendly VPN for Disney Plus, you should consider the following features in your prospective VPN first:
- Servers that can unblock Disney+: Your chosen VPN service should have enough servers that help you to access Disney plus straightaway. Our selected VPN services have thousands of servers that cannot be blocked by Disney+ easily.
- Compatibility with different devices: A VPN service should support numerous operating systems and devices that let you stream content on multiple devices at once using the Disney+ simultaneous streams feature.
- Fast speeds to stream content in HD and 4K quality: A VPN service should offer decent connection speeds at least that do not hamper your Disney+ streaming activity.
- 24 hours customer support: A VPN service must offer support to its subscribers 24/7 365 days round the year. This way, you can easily get the solution to your streaming and subscription problems related to Disney Plus timely.
How to unblock Disney Plus from anywhere?
Follow these simple steps to access Disney+ from anywhere accordingly:
- Subscribe to a VPN service (ExpressVPN is our preferred choice)
- Download the VPN app on your devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS
- Login to your ExpressVPN account using your credentials
- Connect to a US server from the list of servers
- Open the official website or app of Disney Plus and start enjoying TV shows and movies straightaway
Why do we recommend ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is the best Disney Plus VPN that provides 3000+ servers in 90+ countries globally. The service mainly operates from the BVI (British Virgin Islands) and allows you to unblock Disney Plus on a wide range of devices including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, Apple TV, Smart TVs, etc. You can benefit from an exclusive MediaStreamer feature that helps you to set up ExpressVPN on different devices like smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc. that do not support VPN apps in particular.
Furthermore, the service provides 35+ servers throughout the US that allows you to access Disney+ content as per your preferences. Besides, ExpressVPN does have different security and privacy features in its armory like network lock (kill switch), IP leak protection, DNS leak protection, apps for different platforms and devices, etc.
If you wish to use ExpressVPN, you can obtain its 12 months + 3 months free package by paying AU$10.05/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other Best VPNs for watching Disney Plus
Apart from ExpressVPN, you can try out other VPNs to access Disney Plus shows and other content hassle-free. These VPN providers are:
Surfshark – Excellent VPN service to unblock Disney+
Surfshark is another VPN service that allows you to access Disney Plus content on different devices securely. The service mainly works from the BVI (British Virgin Islands) and provides 3200+ servers in 65 countries.
Likewise, the service offers 500+ servers in different cities in the US that enable you to unblock your favourite streaming service easily. Moreover, Surfshark also provides various security and privacy features like kill switch, DNS leak protection, WebRTC leak protection, unlimited simultaneous connections, etc.
If you want to use Surfshark for accessing Disney+, you will pay AU$3.75/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) to obtain its 2-year + 2 months free package along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN – User-friendly VPN service to stream Disney Plus content
NordVPN mainly operates from Panama and provides 5000+ servers in 55+ countries throughout the world. Besides, the service exists in different cities in the US via 1900+ servers.
It means you can easily connect to your desired US servers and access Disney+ TV shows and movies securely. Similarly, you can connect to NordVPN servers available in other countries and unblock the relevant media content libraries of Disney Plus appropriately. Through its SmartPlay (SmartDNS) feature, you can watch Disney+ on Smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku, and gaming consoles too.
In addition, NordVPN does offer various compelling privacy and security features like DNS leak protection, dedicated IP address, 6 multi-logins, double VPN, IP leak protection, apps for different operating systems and devices, split tunneling, etc.
If you wish to use NordVPN, you can get its 2-year plan at the cost of AU$5.26/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) alongside a 30-day refund policy.
CyberGhost – Affordable yet reliable VPN service to access Disney Plus
CyberGhost primarily works from Romania and has a presence in 90+ countries through 7000+ servers globally. Furthermore, the service offers 1200+ servers in various cities in the US that enable you to access American Disney+ media content on multiple devices.
Servers aside, you can experience different privacy and security features like internet kill switch, apps for several devices, DNS leak protection, IP leak protection, 7 simultaneous connections, etc.
If you are willing to use CyberGhost, you can obtain its 2-year plan by paying AU$3.45/mo (US$ 2.29/mo) alongside a 45-day refund policy.
Private Internet Access – Largest server network to access Disney Plus
Private Internet Access is a US-based VPN service that exists in more than 70 countries through 29000+ servers worldwide. So, you will not face any issues while connecting to servers in countries where Disney Plus is available.
This way, you can enjoy streaming award-winning and blockbuster shows and movies from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and other content providers through Disney+ accordingly. Moreover, PIA provides different security and privacy features like split tunneling, WebRTC leak protection, apps for multiple operating systems and devices, 10 multi-logins, etc.
If you want to try out Private Internet Access (PIA), you can subscribe to its 3-year + 3 months free package by paying AU$3.3/mo (US$ 2.19/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Using a VPN when torrenting is a smart idea. It is significantly safer, particularly if you download unauthorized stuff (not that we recommend doing so; VPNs don’t make illicit acts lawful).
How to subscribe to Disney+ without a foreign credit card?
If you want to sign up for Disney Plus without using a foreign credit card, follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to a US server of your choice
- Log out of your existing account using the Apple ID management page and click ‘Create Your Apple ID’
- Complete the registration form but remember to set the US as your residential country and provide your actual cell number
- Use the codes Apple sent to your email and mobile phone to confirm your newly created Apple ID
- Now, open the ‘Settings’ menu on your iPhone and click ‘Apple ID’>iTunes & App Store
- Log out of your old Apple ID and sign in to your new account
- You should download the Disney+ app from the App Store
- Click the ‘Review’ button and then agree to terms and conditions, click ‘Next’
- Choose the ‘None’ option for your payment method and enter the address of any US hotel
- Click ‘Continue’ to complete the Disney Plus app downloading process
How to pay for your Disney+ subscription via Apple
Follow these below-described steps to pay for your Disney Plus subscription through Apple:
- Get a gift card from the Apple Gift Card store
- You will need to add $10 to your account that helps you to pay for your first-month charges of Disney Plus
- You should follow the prompts to obtain your gift card but remember do not use the same US billing address
- Click ‘Place Your Order’ and open your gift card email
- Click the ‘Print this Gift Card’ option to save your gift card in PDF format, hit ‘Save as PDF’
- Click ‘Save’ and then open your gift card PDF and copy the gift card code
- Through the App Store, click on the avatar provided in the upper right-handed corner
- Choose ‘Redeem gift card or code’ and select the ‘Enter Code Manually’ option
- Open Disney Plus and create a new account
- Select your desired package you wish to subscribe to, click ‘OK’
What can I watch on Disney+ through a VPN?
Can I watch live sports on Disney+?
Does Disney Plus have simultaneous streams feature?
We hope you can now watch The Mandalorian, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Cruella, Oceans, Hawkeye, and other titles following our best VPNs for Disney Plus guide appropriately. Moreover, you can watch all these amazing titles on different platforms and devices like Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles, etc.
You can also find useful information about other streaming services through these below-mentioned guides:
- Best Apple TV VPNs in Australia
- How to Get Hulu in Australia
- How to Get Hulu on Xbox in Australia
- How to Access HBO Max in Australia
- How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia