ExpressVPN Free Trial – 100% Free for 30 Days (Oct. 2020)
If you’ve landed here trying to find the answer to whether ExpressVPN has a free trial, you are in the right place. ExpressVPN does have a free trial, exclusive to certain countries. The trial can be availed by both Android and iOS users and allows unrestricted access to ExpressVPN services for a week. In case you cannot get the trial in your area, you can always take advantage of ExpressVPN’s money-back guarantee and use the first 30 days of your purchase as a trial period. If you aren’t happy with your experience, you can cancel your plan and get a full refund.
Perhaps, the best part about the ExpressVPN 30-day money-back guarantee is it doesn’t limit you to one or two platforms. You can try the VPN service risk-free on all devices – be it desktop, laptop, or smartphone.
Furthermore, unlike the ExpressVPN 7-day trial offer, the 30-day money-back guarantee from ExpressVPN works region-free. So, it doesn’t matter whether you’re subscribing from Australia, the US, or India – you’ll be eligible for a refund as long as you cancel your plan within thirty days of the account activation date. Keep in mind, however, ExpressVPN does not take any refund responsibility for subscriptions purchased through Apple Store or Google Play Store. These must be referred to the concerned app distribution support.
With the basics of Express VPN Free trial services out of the way, let’s dig a little deeper and see how to set them up.
How do I get free Express VPN free for 30 days?
To get ExpressVPN for free for 30 days, the first thing you need to do is subscribe to a paid ExpressVPN plan. Once you’ve done that, hack the 30-day money-back guarantee from ExpressVPN to turn your regular subscription into a free trial.
1. Go to ExpressVPN website and purchase a plan. You can choose from three different plans. These include, i) a 1-month plan that costs $12.95, ii) a 6-month plan that costs $59.95, and iii) a 1-year plan that costs $99.95. It doesn’t matter which option you go for; you’ll get your money back anyway.
2. On the completion of your purchase, you’ll receive a welcome email. Open the email and click Set Up ExpressVPN. This will take you to the ExpressVPN account login page. Enter your username and password and hit Sign In. You’ll receive another email in your inbox, this time with an activation code. Copy the activation code in the prompt box to complete the sign-in process.
3. Inside your ExpressVPN account, under the device setup section, select the platform for which you want to download the ExpressVPN app.
4. Click Download to start the download process. Wait for the download to finish. This should take a few seconds. Meanwhile, keep your browser window open; you’ll need it later.
5. Run the installation file you downloaded in the previous step. Follow the instructions to configure the setup. Complete the installation.
6. Launch ExpressVPN. Enter your username and password. The app will ask you for an activation code. How to get an activation code for ExpressVPN? Remember, we asked you earlier to keep your browser window open? Copy the activation code from the browser window to log in.
Congratulations, you can now start using ExpressVPN. When you are ready to call quits (just make sure you don’t exceed the 30-day deadline), sign in to your ExpressVPN account, and cancel your subscription to get your money back.
Does Express VPN free trial work with Netflix?
The Express VPN free trial service works for Netflix problem-free. You can unlock and stream 20+ regional Netflix libraries using ExpressVPN. These include Netflix US, Netflix UK, Netflix Canada, Netflix Australia, and more. We connected to Netflix US to put the VPN’s streaming powers to the test. Of the available twenty-three server locations, twenty-two unblocked Netflix successfully. The Los Angeles-3 location did not work. Below are the average upload and download speeds for the tested server cluster:
|Speed Test Type||Speed Test Results|
|Control Ping||21 (ms)|
|Control Upload||23.3 (Mbps)|
|Control Download||60.7 (Mbps)|
|US Server Ping||308 (ms)|
|US Server Upload||17.2 (Mbps)|
|US Server Download||54.1 (Mbps)|
These are pretty good scores, making ExpressVPN one of the best Netflix VPN services on the market.
How do I get my ExpressVPN 30 days refund?
To revoke your ExpressVPN subscription and get a refund, sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
1. Head over to www.expressvpn.com/sign-in. Enter your username and password. Hit Sign In.
2. Under Subscription Details, click on Manage subscription settings. You’ll be directed to the renewal settings page. Turn off the automatic renewal option. Your ExpressVPN subscription is now cancelled.
3. Open the ExpressVPN live chat support by clicking the green button on the bottom right corner of your screen that says Need help? Chat with us.
4. Talk to your support agent and tell them you’ve closed your account and would like a refund. They’ll ask you for your account details to verify your status, and if everything is fine, you’ll get your money back. Normally, ExpressVPN takes 5 to 7 business days to process refund requests.
Is ExpressVPN easy to cancel?
ExpressVPN offers a hassle-free refund process. As long as you cancel your subscription before the 30-day deadline, you shouldn’t have any problems getting a refund. The company maintains an honest no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN 7-day free trial setup for mobile devices
ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial to Android and iOS users. However, the trial service is available in limited countries.
1. Go to Play Store and download the ExpressVPN mobile app.
2. Open the app and tap Start Free Trial.
3. Next, enter your sign-up email address. Make sure the email ID you provide is unique and not already linked to an old or existing ExpressVPN account.
Your ExpressVPN 7-day free trial is now activated. Surf the internet, stream your favourite shows, access geo-blocked websites – ExpressVPN has got you covered. Please note, if you’re signing up from an iOS device, you’ll need to provide a payment method to activate the free trial.
How do I cancel the ExpressVPN 7-day trial?
If you used an Android device to sign-up for the free trial, ExpressVPN would automatically revoke your access at the end of the trial period. You don’t need to do anything. However, if you registered from an iOS device, you’ll have to cancel the trial to avoid getting charged. Open your list of subscriptions in the Apple App Store and simply tap Cancel Trial.
How many devices can use ExpressVPN free trial?
The ExpressVPN 7-day free trial allows you to link only one device to your ExpressVPN trial account. However, if you’ve subscribed to a regular plan, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously on any platform.
What else do you get with Express VPN free trial services?
Whether you subscribe to the ExpressVPN 7-day free trial or hack the money-back guarantee to use ExpressVPN free for 30 days, you can expect a fast, secure, and reliable VPN service.
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. That’s excellent from a privacy standpoint. You don’t have to worry about surveillance actors spying on you or your information getting shared with government agencies behind your back.
Likewise, ExpressVPN uses advanced tunnelling and encryption protocols to keep your web traffic secure. It has recently added the Lightway protocol to its security arsenal, which is great news for those looking for improved speed, security, and reliability.
Perhaps, the most impressive thing about ExpressVPN is its huge server inventory. The company operates 3000+ servers in 94 countries and 160 locations. You get access to all these servers in the free trial.
ExpressVPN trial services also support torrenting. You can safely download your favourite torrent files anonymously by connecting to a nearby ExpressVPN server. Moreover, you can even evade restrictive firewalls in high censorship countries and access the content of your interest. Read our complete review of ExpressVPN here.
To summarize, ExpressVPN has two types of free trials: i) a 7-day free trial available for Android and iOS users, and ii) a 30-day risk-free trial that can be used with all platforms. The 7-day free trial doesn’t require you to pay anything upfront and acts as a standard free trial. However, it comes with region restrictions. The 30-day risk-free trial, on the other hand, is open to users for all countries. You need to pay upfront, but you can claim a full refund afterwards. Both trial services give you complete access to ExpressVPN features.
This concludes our ExpressVPN free trial review. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below; we would love to hear from you.
A bonus read: 12 VPN free trials with and without credit card