NordVPN Free Trial – How to Claim Your Free Trial in Oct. 2020
If you are here looking for the answer to whether NordVPN offers a free trial, you are in the right place. NordVPN certainly does offer a free trial, which can be availed for a week. The trial carries no restrictions or limitations. However, it’s only available for Android and iOS users. If you’d like to test NordVPN for free on your desktop or laptop device, you can subscribe to a NordVPN paid plan and cancel your subscription within thirty days of the date of purchase to get a full refund. You can use this like a free trial if you want to decide whether NordVPN is right for you. How do you set-up a NordVPN free trial? Let’s find out.
How to set up NordVPN 30-day free trial
To set up NordVPN 30-day free trial, follow these five simple steps:
1) Go to NordVPN’s website and purchase a paid plan. NordVPN offers three paid plans to choose from: i) a 1-month plan that costs $11.95, ii) a 6-month plan that costs $54, and iii) a 1-year plan that costs $69, excluding VAT. All three plans come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. So you can choose any plan; it doesn’t matter.
2) After you’ve subscribed to a plan, you’ll receive a welcome email from the NordVPN team. Click the Download app button in the email. This will take you to your online NordVPN account. Select the device you want to download the app for.
3) Wait for the download to complete. This should take a few seconds.
4) Run the installation file. The NordVPN installer will ask you to configure the setup. Carefully read through the instructions and choose the options that best suit you.
5) Once installed, launch the NordVPN app on your device, and enter your email (or username) and password to sign in.
Congratulations, you can now start using NordVPN. Stream your favourite Netflix shows, share important P2P files, or access websites in high censorship countries with NordVPN, without worrying about anyone spying on you. However, remember to cancel your plan within 30 days of the activation date if you want to be eligible for a refund.
How long does NordVPN take to activate?
NordVPN activates your account/trial as soon as it receives and verifies your payment. Credit card payments can take between 30 mins to an hour for verification, while cryptocurrency-payments may take a full day before they’re confirmed.
How do I cancel my NordVPN in 30 days and get a refund?
Cancelling NordVPN subscription is an easy and straightforward process:
1) Head over to my.nordaccount.com and login with your details. Make sure to enter the correct account credentials.
2) Under My Services, click View Details. Locate the Auto Renewal toggle and turn it off. You’ll be asked for confirmation. Press Cancel auto-payments to proceed. (P.S: Note that due to the on-going work on the NordAccount interface, the Cancel auto-payments option has been temporarily disabled).
3) Contact the NordVPN customer support by clicking on the question mark icon on the bottom right corner of the NordVPN website. Choose Email or Live chat, whichever option you are comfortable with. We recommend live chat since it’s best for fast communication.
4) Mention that you want to cancel your account and would like a refund. They’ll ask you for your account details to verify your active days of subscription. Rest assured, you’ll get your money back within a few days, depending on your bank’s transferring speed.
Is NordVPN easy to cancel?
NordVPN provides customers with a hassle-free service for refund requests. As long as you file for a refund within the first thirty days of your date of VPN purchase, you shouldn’t face any problems getting a refund. That’s something to really admire about NordVPN. Most VPN providers make excuses and try to bring up clauses in their service agreement to avoid issuing a refund to their customers. NordVPN doesn’t do that.
Do I have to pay VAT on NordVPN?
NordVPN charges VAT depending on the country you are from. Some countries are exempted from VAT; others are not. You’ll be notified of any potential VAT payments at the time of checkout. Don’t worry, though; payments made in VAT are returned when you file for a refund.
NordVPN 7-day free trial setup for mobile devices
Android and iOS users have the option to get an actual 7-day free NordVPN trial without paying anything upfront. To activate the trial:
1) Download the NordVPN app on your smartphone.
2) Launch the app and tap SIGN UP.
3) Enter your sign up email and password.
4) Pick a plan. You can choose from three options: a 1-month plan, a 6-month plan, and a 1-year plan.
5) Add your credit card details and enjoy NordVPN seven-days for free.
To cancel your NordVPN 7-day free trial, log into your online NordVPN account, and follow the same steps described in “How do I cancel my NordVPN in 30 days”.
What happened to NordVPN 3-day free trial?
In the past, NordVPN used to offer a 3-day free trial. The trial didn’t require any credit card or payment information and was available to both desktop and mobile users. However, it got badly abused by scammers, and the company was forced to take it down. The NordVPN 3-day free trial no longer exists.
Does NordVPN free trial work for Netflix?
Yes, you can stream Netflix using NordVPN free trial. In fact, the NordVPN free trial unlocks Netflix in 15+ regions. These include the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, South Korea, and more. We tested the NordVPN Netflix US servers to get an idea of the VPN’s streaming capability. Of the available fifteen server locations, thirteen unblocked Netflix successfully. That’s quite a solid performance, making NordVPN one of the best Netflix VPN services.
Watching Cobra Kai on Netflix USA
|Speed Test Type||Speed Test Results|
|Control Ping||22 (ms)|
|Control Upload||24. 7 (Mbps)|
|Control Download||61.3 (Mbps)|
|US Server Ping||312 (ms)|
|US Server Upload||17.9 (Mbps)|
|US Server Download||54.2 (Mbps)|
NordVPN free trial vs. Completely free VPNs
If you’re looking to subscribe to the NordVPN free trial to find a VPN for your short term needs, you might think at some point, why not use a free VPN instead? That’s a legit question. However, we wouldn’t recommend using a free VPN.
Most free VPNs are limited. They provide a small pool of servers for connection, are slow, and restrict you in terms of data transfer.
What’s more alarming is free VPNs often lack adequate security features to keep your online communications secure. In fact, some free VPNs even carry malicious scripts, which can harm your system if you are not careful.
And here comes the worst part; many free VPN providers spy on you and sell your data to companies and earn money from it. That’s your online privacy compromised right there. It negates the point of using a VPN altogether.
With the NordVPN free trial, however, you don’t have to worry about any such issues.
Why choose NordVPN, anyway?
There are many reasons why you may want to choose NordVPN over other VPNs.
First and foremost, NordVPN offers an extensive network of 5000+ servers, spread across fifty-nine countries. Only CyberGhost and TorVPN have got more servers in their inventory.
Secondly, NordVPN is based in Panama, which is a privacy haven. The country does not practice any data retention laws, nor does it compel service providers to share information with the government or other countries.
Third, NordVPN is one of the safest VPNs on the market. It uses advanced tunnelling and encryption protocols to keep your web traffic safe and secure. It has even got its very own DDoS attack protection tool, which comes built-in with the app.
Fourth, NordVPN works with over 300 streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, and more. That’s seriously impressive.
Fifth, NordVPN offers more than 500 speciality P2P servers for secure file sharing. These servers come free of bandwidth limitations and provide connections to almost every part of the world. No other VPN service offers P2P support as strong as NordVPN. You can read our full NordVPN review here.
With so many benefits and features on offer, why would anyone not want to give NordVPN a try? And its 7-day free trial offer and 30-day money-back guarantee allow you to test the service absolutely risk-free.
Do we recommend NordVPN free trial?
For further reading
If you liked this post, you might want to check out our VPN free trial guide, where we review the top 8 free trial VPNs (with and without credit card) for Australia.