How To Install and Download BBC iPlayer On Mac In Australia [Easy Guide]
Can I watch BBC iPlayer on a Mac? Yes, you can watch BBC iPlayer on Mac in Australia. BBC iPlayer is an excellent live and video-on-demand streaming service that enables you to watch media content based on different genres.
In addition, you can watch numerous British TV channels like BBC One, BBC Two, and others accordingly. If you want to know how you can get BBC iPlayer on your Mac device in Australia, continue reading this guide to get all the information.
How does a VPN help unblock BBC iPlayer on Mac?
When you try to watch BBC iPlayer on Mac in Australia, you will be locked out due to the geo-blocks on the streaming platform. However, a VPN will conceal your real location and will give you a UK IP address to make it look like you are streaming from UK only.
Moreover, when you connect to the UK server, you can visit the BBC iPlayer website or the BBC iPlayer App on your Mac and gain full access to all the latest shows, films and documentaries on the platform.
Since BBC iPlayer is a free service, you can go for a BBC iPlayer free trial and enjoy all the latest content on the streaming platform.
Why is ExpressVPN the Best for Streaming BBC iPlayer on Mac in Australia?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming BBC iPlayer on Mac in Australia for the vast security features it has to offer along with its blazing fast servers. It has a total of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries with 4 servers in UK.
It allows 5 simultaneous connections on a single account. It is readily compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and macOS making ExpressVPN readily compatible with iPhones, tablets, smartphones, Smart TVs, laptops, PCs and gaming consoles. You can also watch BBC iPlayer on iPad.
The unique feature of ExpressVPN is MediaStreamer feature that allows it to connect to devices that do not support VPN configuration such as Roku and Firestick. You can also get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV with ExpressVPN.
Moreover, the security features of ExpressVPN are unmatchable. It has a download speed of 92.26Mbps and an upload speed of 89.45Mbps on a 100Mbps connection.
As far as its pricing plans are concerned, you can pay only AU$10.4/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) to use its 12 months + 3 months free package that comes with a massive 30-day money-back guarantee.
What are the other VPNs work best with BBC iPlayer on Mac?
Other than ExpressVPN, we have other VPNs as well that work for BBC iPlayer on Mac, such as:
Is there a BBC iPlayer app for MacBook?
How do I get BBC iPlayer on my Macbook? At present, BBC iPlayer does not have an app for MacBook. But, you can watch BBC iPlayer on your MacBook using a web browser trouble-free. You can follow the below steps to install BBC iPlayer Downloads application in the application folder on your Mac:
- Double click on the file after it’s downloaded.
- A window with a BBC iPlayer Downloads will appear.
- Drag the iPlayer Download icon into the Application folder.
- Open the application folder in Finder and double click on BBC iPlayer downloads.
- Now, start downloading programs on Mac.
What’s the best Mac browser for BBC iPlayer?
Fortunately, BBC iPlayer fans can use different internet browsers on their Mac devices to continue watching all their favorite TV shows, and amazing movies on iPlayer without any difficulty.
Here is the list that includes some of the best Mac browsers supported by BBC iPlayer:
- Mozilla Firefox (Latest Version)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and above (recommended for Windows 10S only)
- Google Chrome (Latest Version)
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari (Latest Version)
Does BBC iPlayer support downloads on Mac?
BBC iPlayer does support downloads on Mac devices. For that reason, you will have to download BBC iPlayer Downloads app on your Mac device.
Congratulations! you can now begin downloading media content on your Mac devices accordingly. However, you will need to open the BBC iPlayer Downloads app before downloading any TV show or other content.
Where are BBC iPlayer Downloads stored on Mac?
To view the BBC iPlayer downloads, do the following:
- Go to settings (in the top right-hand corner of the BBC iPlayer Downloads application).
- Then under destination, search View in Finder (Mac) or View in Explorer (PC).
How do I uninstall BBC iPlayer Downloads on a Mac?
To completely uninstall BBC iPlayer on Mac, you need to take the following steps:
- Firstly, remove the application by:
- Click on Applications
- CTRL+Click on BBC iPlayer Downloads
- Select Move to trash
- Then, remove the BBC iPlayer download folder which is in the Movies folder.
- User > USER-NAME > Movies > “BBC iPlayer Downloads”
- If uninstalling version 1.x (e.g. v1.14.2*)
- User > USER-NAME > Library > Preference > BBCiPlayerDownloads
- User > USER-NAME > Library > Application Support > Adobe > AIR > ELS > BBCiPlayerDownload
Why am I unable to watch BBC iPlayer on my Mac device?
Before opting for troubleshooting, make sure of the following:
- You have the latest version of the application or browser.
- Select UK as your virtual location.
- Verify your IP address while connecting to BBC iPlayer through a VPN.
- Clear your browser cache.
If neither of the above mentioned solutions worked for you, try to use a different IP location or a different city in UK and try again.
However, if your Mac isn’t working, you can watch BBC iPlayer on Roku and stream your favorites as well.
What are the Other compatible Devices with BBC iPlayer?
Below is a list of compatible devices with BBC iPlayer other than Mac:
What to watch on BBC iPlayer via Mac?
There is a ton of content that you can watch on BBC iPlayer via Mac, such as:
|An Irish Goodbye||FBoy Island NZ||FA Women Super League|
|Booksmart||The Apprentice S17||Scottish Championship|
|Notebook||Question Time||Formula 1|
|Falling in Love at Christmas||I Kissed a Boy||Bellator MMA|
|Christmas in Toyland||EastEnders||FA Cup 2023|
|Drag me to Hell||Death in Paradise||Six Nations|
|Host||Amanda & Alan’s Italian Job||FIFA World Cup 2022|
|Dancing through Christmas||Race Across the World||Müller British Athletics Championships 2022|
|Baking all the way||Strictly Come Dancing||World Cup Rugby League|
|Heart of the Holidays||Handover and Allocation Draw||Alex Scott: The Future of Women’s Football|
Do I need a BBC account to watch iPlayer on Mac?
How much data does BBC iPlayer use on Mac?
How to Record BBC iPlayer on Mac?
- Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Go to the menu, and search File > New Screen Recording.
- Select the region for recording BBC iPlayer videos (It can be a part of screen or entire screen).
- Select options to source audio to the video recording and also specify the location you want to save the recording.
- Play the video that you want to record on Mac.
Note: The video will be automatically saved to the desktop of your Mac. If you want you can further edit the video by using Quicktime application.
BBC iPlayer is a one-stop for viewers who want to stream media content like TV shows, movies, and documentaries alongside different BBC channels under one roof. BBC iPlayer is a free-of-cost streaming service and you can watch BBC iPlayer on Mac, all you need to do is connect to a high-quality VPN such as ExpressVPN.
If you have a Mac device, you can follow the above-described post to watch BBC iPlayer on Mac in Australia. The best thing about BBC iPlayer is that you do need to pay anything from your pocket to stream BBC iPlayer media content on your Mac device.
You can also watch BBC iPlayer on PS4 to stream without any second thought because BBC iPlayer has strong compatibility with multiple devices.