How To Watch Disney Plus Outside Australia In 2023? [January Updated]
Wondering if can you watch Disney Plus outside Australia?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus outside Australia, as Disney Plus is a global streaming service! However, you’ll need the help of a reliable VPN, such as ExpressVPN, to access its Australian catalog if you are currently outside Australia.
So, the question here arises, is Disney Plus available outside Australia? Yes, Disney Plus is available outside Australia. Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the US have their distant Disney+ libraries, but it has not yet launched in many other countries yet.
This is why if you want to stream Disney+ original shorts like Going Home, Elephant in the Room, Far From the Tree, Loop, and other Disney+ exclusive content outside Australia you will need a premium VPN that works best with Disney Plus.
We have created a detailed guide on the best Disney Plus VPNs, take a look and select a suitable one for you to watch Disney Plus outside any Australian region.
How to Watch Disney Plus from Outside Australia With a VPN – Quick Guide
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney Plus from Outside Australia?
Disney Plus works with regional restriction policies, so you need a VPN to bypass the restrictions to stream its content outside Australia.
When you visit Disney+ official website outside the Australian region, you will see this geo-restricted error:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region.”
By seeing the above error, now you must be wondering, Is Disney Plus only in Australia? However, that is not the case. As on 2023, Disney Plus has spread its wings to over 60 countries, including Australia.
The actual reason behind this error is that the Disney Plus has purchased copyrights for content of each country depending upon the viewers’ choice. That’s why you cannot keep up with your favorite Disney Plus Australia shows.
Here comes a role of a VPN. A Virtual Private Network will mask your current IP with an Australian IP address to unlock the Disney Australia adventures. You can also unblock Sling TV in Australia or any other streaming service with VPN.
How do I Subscribe to Disney+ Without Australian Payment?
You will need an Australian payment method to sign up for a Disney+ subscription from outside Australia. However, it can be difficult to find.
That’s why we’re here to show you how to create a Disney Plus account outside Australia on Android and iOS in a few easy steps without requiring an Australian payment method.
How do I Subscribe to Disney Plus through Google ID (Android Users)?
Can you subscribe to Disney Plus through Google Play? Yes you can just follow these steps to subscribe to your Disney Plus subscription outside Australia with your Google ID:
Which VPN works best with Disney Plus outside Australia in 2023?
Is there a VPN that works with Disney Plus? Yes many VPNs work with Disney Plus and after testing 70+ VPNs, we created a list of the 3 best VPNs to unblock Disney Plus outside Australia which are
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus
- Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to watch Disney+
- NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN to watch Disney+
1) ExpressVPN: Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus
ExpressVPN is one of the most recommended VPNs to watch Disney Plus from outside Australia because of its lightning-fast speed of 89.38 Mbps download and reliable server network.
It operates with 94+ countries worldwide in 3000+ servers along with 5+ locations for AU servers are dedicated to the Australian region. Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne are the recommended Australian servers for Disney+. Also, you can avoid connecting with the Sydney-2 server to minimize the risk of buffering.
We tested ExpressVPN’s Melbourne and Sydney servers to access Disney Plus from outside Australia, and they managed to offer a download speed of 89.38 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.66 Mbps on our 100 Mbps internet.
Don’t forget with this speed you can also access Hulu in Australia.
It’s a BVI-based service that works best regarding streaming reliability and security. AES 256-bit encryption, TrustedServer Technology, Split Tunneling, IP and DNS Leak protection, and strict no-log policy.
Native apps are available for iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, and Mac. In contrast, its MediaStreamer feature lets you unblock your favorite streaming services such as ABC iview streaming and Optus Sport outside Australia on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Firestick, and gaming consoles.
All these top-notch quality features are available at AU$ 10.58/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . You can connect up to five devices simultaneously and try it for free for a month with a 30-day money-back guarantee. In case you want more details about this provider, make sure to go through the ExpressVPN review.
Pros and Cons of ExpressVPN
- Blazing fast servers to watch Disney+ outside Australia
- Works with all popular streaming platforms
- Strict no-log policy and robust security protocols
- MediaStreamer supports for VPN incompatible devices
- High-priced subscription plans
2) Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to watch Disney+
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN service. It lets you stream on unlimited simultaneous logins upon one subscription cost. Not only this, you can add your Surfshark credentials to Apple TV, Mac, or any gaming console.3200+ servers in 65+ countries along with 5 dedicated Australian servers. Now you can watch all-time best movies on Disney+ outside Australia via Surfshark.
Australian servers of Surfshark offer a download speed of 87.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.13 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. This speed is more than enough to provide you with buffer-free streaming of YouTube TV and Sling TV in Australia.
On the security front, Surfshark protects your internet traffic with military-grade 256-bit encryption, WireGuard protocol, Split tunneling, Kill Switch, CleanWeb, and Camouflage mode.
Pros and Cons of Surshark
- No restriction on simultaneous connection
- Works with Disney+ and other streaming services
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices
- Easy-to-use apps
- Servers frequently disconnect on weekend
3) NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN to watch Disney+
NordVPN is another great option to unblock Disney Plus from outside Australia because of its largest server networks worldwide. It operates with 5500+ servers in 60+ countries along with 480+ dedicated Australian servers.
The VPN has a strict no-logs policy which ensures the privacy of your data. NordVPN offers 1 TB Cloud Storage and AES 256-bit encryption, a surety of no IP and DNS leaks to securely access Te Reo and watch American Netflix in Australia.
Also, with six simultaneous connections, your whole family can watch different online channels concurrently. The user-friendly apps are available for Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and iOS. It can also be configured manually on Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and gaming consoles.
Pros and Cons of NordVPN
- A massive collection of 480+ Australian servers
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices
- Money back guarantee of 30 days
- Supports six devices at a time
- The desktop app is a bit slow
How to Choose the Best VPN for Disney Plus from outside Australia?
Finding the best VPN among 100+ options is a very difficult task. This is why to ease your task we have mentioned few features to check in a VPN before purchasing:
- Number of US Servers
- Connection Speeds and Bandwidth
- Privacy Policies
- Unblocking Capabilities
- Security Protocols
- Value for Money
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Customer Support
Which VPNs you Should Avoid for Disney Plus outside Australia?
Disney+ is not compatible with many VPNs outside Australia. In order to save your money and prevent you from wasting it, we have provided a list of VPNs that does not work with Disney+ when accessed from outside Australia.
- Hotspot Shield
How Much Does Disney+ Cost?
How much does a subscription to Disney Plus cost?
Disney Plus costs only AUD 10.97 per month and AUD 109.89 per year. It’s a US-based paid VOD service from the Walt Disney Company and streams all its content for one membership fee.
Also if you ever change your mind you can cancel Disney Plus subscription right away.
What Devices are Compatible with Disney Plus?
What devices is Disney Plus supported on? Following are the Disney Plus compatible devices and operating systems:
- iPhone and iPads
- Android TV
- LG Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Tablets
- Apple TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Xbox 1
What to Watch on Disney Plus in January 2023?
What is the best thing on Disney Plus? Following is the list of all best shows and movies on Disney Plus. It offers content in all other genres, including comedy, horror, sci-fi, anime, and Halloween movies.
What are the Best Movies to Watch on Disney Plus – January 2023?
What is a great movie to watch on Disney plus? We have listed the best movies on Disney+ in January 2023.
- Barbarian (4th January 2023)
- If These Walls Could Sing (6th January 2023)
- Ghost Rider (6th January 2023)
- Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration (6th January 2023)
- The Menu (11th January 2023)
- Darby and The Dead (27th January 2023)
What are the Best Shows to Watch on Disney Plus – January 2023?
What is the most watched show on Disney plus? here’s best and most watched shows on Disney+ in January 2023.
- Welcome To Chippendales – Finale (3rd January 2023)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 201 “Spoils of War” & Episode 202 “Ruins of War” (4th January 2023)
- Willow – Episode 7 (4th January 2023)
- National Treasure – Edge Of History – Episode 5 (4th January 2023)
- Alaska Daily – New Episodes (4th January 2023)
- The French Mans – Season 2 (4th January 2023)
- Atlanta: Seasons 1-3 (4th January 2023)
- Abbott Elementary – Season 2 – New Episode (4th January 2023)
- Big Bet – New Episode (4th January 2023)
- Between the World and Us – New Episode (4th January 2023)
- Men on a Mission – New Episode (4th January 2023)
- Gannibal – New Episode (4th January 2023)
- Dino Ranch – S2, 6 episodes (4th January 2023)
- Taiwan Crime Stories (S1 – Premiere) (4th January 2023)
- The Punisher (6th January 2023)
- Koala Man (9th January 2023)
- Willow – Episode 8 – Finale (11th January 2023)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 203 “The Solitary Clone” (11th January 2023)
- National Treasure – Edge Of History – Episode 6 (11th January 2023)
- Chasing Waves (11th January 2023)
- Criminal Minds: Evolution – New Episode (27th January 2023)
Is Disney Plus in Australia the same as in the US?
Is the Disney Plus app available in Australia?
Does Disney Plus have a free trial in Australia?
Can I Use a Free VPN for Disney+ from outside Australia?
Is Disney Plus worth the money?
Follow this comprehensive guide on how to watch Disney Plus outside Australia. It will facilitate your streaming urge and let you watch Toy Story 3 and shows like What If abroad. Disney+ is one of the leading online platforms and provides a variety of movies and shows.
A wholesome package for your family and friends is now accessible with a VPN. We would love to recommend ExpressVPN for its uncompromising streaming qualities and hassle-free unblocking of Disney+ titles for every traveler or resident outside Australia.